Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison memories

Default Re: Bison memories

Okay, I've got another one for ya. It must have been the '95 season. Thesocalledfan and I were (Earmuffs 02Bison) drinking heavily with a big group down in south Fargo before an evening game. We were underage, so it had to be in an apartment. Anyway, we were all pretty loaded, and everybody piles out of the apartment. I wasn't paying much attention and go down the hallway, down the stairs, and out the door. Everybody else went the opposite way. My concept of time wasn't quite there, and I figured they must have left me. They drove to the game in two cars, each figuring I was in the other car. Anyway, here is where it became a story. I was all face painted up, decked out in bison gear, and carrying my big yellow Bison flag. And it was raining. I began walking, and just figured I'd keep walking in the direction of the dome until somebody picked me up. I made it to the 13th Ave I-29 on-ramp where a car stopped. The window rolled down and the guy asked where to? I tried to form a grammatically correct sentence to make a good impression, but all that came out was, "Me go dome." The harder I tried to say something the worse it got. I just finished it off with pointing at myself and said, "Dome...me." The guy said get in, with quite a laugh. He ended up being an ATO alumni. He dropped me off right at the student entrance, and I was the first one of our group at the game.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by sambini
    PL , Bucky talks about Chris Taylor he was one big dude. Well here is a story from the 1981 season. We loaded up my cousins conversion van for VERMILLION,SD. BISON HAD A NIGHT GAME AT USD. 15 CASES OF BEER AND 3 GUYS AND FOUR GALS. ONE OF THE GALS WAS Mike Kasowsi fiance Gail. They were suppose to get married a week after the regular season. But that all changed after the Bison opened the season with 2 road losses . But they ended up winning the rest of the way. They had to beat USD to get in the playoffs. They won and poor Gail was crying. So we had to calm her down. And we headed back to Fargo that night. Ran out of beer had to pick some up . And got back to Fargo to Schluchters house and the fellas had a party till about 9 am. Mike and Gail got married in Jan in Grand Forks in a blizzard. But as true Bison we all made it up there and had one hell of a good time.
    Oh by the way HAPPY 25TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY MIKE AND GAIL KASOWSKI THIS COMING JAN. WE HAD A SAYING BACK THEN WHO SAID KOWS CAN'T RUN.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

1979 *@%Football game...............A blanket............A wheelchair.................. A keg..................Student section................Second half, second keg [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

Trimmy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison
    Okay, I've got another one for ya. *It must have been the '95 season. *Thesocalledfan and I were (Earmuffs 02Bison) drinking heavily with a big group down in south Fargo before an evening game. *We were underage, so it had to be in an apartment. *Anyway, we were all pretty loaded, and everybody piles out of the apartment. *I wasn't paying much attention and go down the hallway, down the stairs, and out the door. *Everybody else went the opposite way. *My concept of time wasn't quite there, and I figured they must have left me. *They drove to the game in two cars, each figuring I was in the other car. *Anyway, here is where it became a story. *I was all face painted up, decked out in bison gear, and carrying my big yellow Bison flag. *And it was raining. *I began walking, and just figured I'd keep walking in the direction of the dome until somebody picked me up. *I made it to the 13th Ave I-29 on-ramp where a car stopped. *The window rolled down and the guy asked where to? *I tried to form a grammatically correct sentence to make a good impression, but all that came out was, "Me go dome." The harder I tried to say something the worse it got. *I just finished it off with pointing at myself and said, "Dome...me." *The guy said get in, with quite a laugh. *He ended up being an ATO alumni. *He dropped me off right at the student entrance, and I was the first one of our group at the game.
    That's an awesome story. That is about the same time frame I was doing similar drunken escapades. It's amazing we're still alive!

NDSUFREAK10 Guest

I hate to bring it up, and I am killing myself for it, but the BISON vs und game in 2000. I loved to see that magical season get what seems to be the national championship for north dakotans. I remember the last 16 secs when und had the ball and that everyone was standing for my best experience in the FFD at the time. Pass was incomplete, 10 secs, pass complete, 5 4 3 2 1 0! last play was a pass to a und WR but he took a rain check and wasnt there to catch it.

insane_ponderer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFREAK10
    I hate to bring it up, and I am killing myself for it, but the BISON vs und game in 2000. I loved to see that magical season get what seems to be the national championship for north dakotans. I remember the last 16 secs when und had the ball and that everyone was standing for my best experience in the FFD at the time. Pass was incomplete, 10 secs, pass complete, 5 4 3 2 1 0! last play was a pass to a und WR but he took a rain check and wasnt there to catch it.

Were you in the student section for that game...if so, or if anyone else on this board was, do you remember turning your back on the und marching band that came down and performed at half time...I thought that was fricken priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by G-city Bison Fan
    [quote author=NDSUFREAK10 link=1165773857/0#14 date=1165959438]I hate to bring it up, and I am killing myself for it, but the BISON vs und game in 2000. I loved to see that magical season get what seems to be the national championship for north dakotans. I remember the last 16 secs when und had the ball and that everyone was standing for my best experience in the FFD at the time. Pass was incomplete, 10 secs, pass complete, 5 4 3 2 1 0! last play was a pass to a und WR but he took a rain check and wasnt there to catch it.

Were you in the student section for that game...if so, or if anyone else on this board was, do you remember turning your back on the und marching band that came down and performed at half time...I thought that was fricken priceless.[/quote]

Was that the year they kept dropping their instruments?

I remember one UND band member dropping his trombone on the turf three times. ;D
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

NDSUFREAK10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy
    [quote author=G-city Bison Fan link=1165773857/15#15 date=1165960609][quote author=NDSUFREAK10 link=1165773857/0#14 date=1165959438]I hate to bring it up, and I am killing myself for it, but the BISON vs und game in 2000. I loved to see that magical season get what seems to be the national championship for north dakotans. I remember the last 16 secs when und had the ball and that everyone was standing for my best experience in the FFD at the time. Pass was incomplete, 10 secs, pass complete, 5 4 3 2 1 0! last play was a pass to a und WR but he took a rain check and wasnt there to catch it.

Were you in the student section for that game...if so, or if anyone else on this board was, do you remember turning your back on the und marching band that came down and performed at half time...I thought that was fricken priceless.[/quote]

Was that the year they kept dropping their instruments?

I remember one UND band member dropping his trombone on the turf three times. *;D[/quote]

And I believe that both bands were tossing white rifles and und dropped them a couple times.
    HOOOWWWWW EMBARASSING

Do any of you remember when the east bleachers were for the students. When we would play the FIGHTING FIRE TRUCKS people would fill the east stands in the aisle. And you could sneek in a few brews in your hood of your air force parka. Or maybe a dead Jackrabbit to throw on the floor for a big game with the Jacks.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by G-city Bison Fan
    [quote author=NDSUFREAK10 link=1165773857/0#14 date=1165959438]I hate to bring it up, and I am killing myself for it, but the BISON vs und game in 2000. I loved to see that magical season get what seems to be the national championship for north dakotans. I remember the last 16 secs when und had the ball and that everyone was standing for my best experience in the FFD at the time. Pass was incomplete, 10 secs, pass complete, 5 4 3 2 1 0! last play was a pass to a und WR but he took a rain check and wasnt there to catch it.

I was in the band that year....the director was FURIOUS that a guest band would be treated so rudely. Personally, I thought it was kind of funny. The next year when our band went to the Alerus some people remembered that and turned their backs to us, but we played one of the best shows of my 4 years and turned'em back around.