Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bison Men's Basketball Recruits

BisonMav Guest

Default Bison Men's Basketball Recruits

Scott Theis 6'6", had a good season at Shakopee. Averaged over 18 points and 7 rebounds per game. Season highs of 34 points and 12 rebounds. He had 31 points and 10 rebounds against a very good Red Wing team.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Men's Basketball Recruits

Have you heard of any other recruits, high schoolers or juco's? I would guess we don't have many scholarships since I think Tenbroek was the only senior.

BisonMav Guest

Default [quote][/quote]Re: Bison Men's Basketball Recruits

Have not heard of any other recruits. *With Tenbroek being the only Senior, you are probably right about scholarships. The D-I waiting period could also be reason.

Today Fargo Forum: "What we're finding is that our recruiting philosophy for forwards and centers won't change drastically. Big guys are big guys," Miles said. "What's going to be interesting are the guards. The guys who play guard and wing in Division I are very athletic. That will be a challenge." Not as challenging, perhaps, as overcoming the NCAA's 104-year waiting period shackled to basketball teams moving up to Division I. OK, it's not that long. It's only 13 years before a team is eligible to win a conference's automatic bid into the NCAA tournament.

BisonMav Guest

Has anyone heard if the Bison are looking at Franklyn Ferguson of Lake Region State College, Devils Lake. He is a 6'6" power forward, 23.6 ppg 9.0 rpg. Kentucky Wesleyan is supposedly looking at him. According to his bio, he would like to major in International Business or Industrial Engineering.

The Jacks have gotten verbal committments from two first team allstate high school players out of Iowa. Ben Beran 6'7 forward and Jake Wenig 6'5 Forward. Has anyone heard of additional players they are looking at as we aproaching signing day next week?

First of all, BisonMav, that is the a very cool icon you've got there. Damn, if it's public domain, I'm stealing it...

As for the Jackrabbit recruiting, all I can say is hats off to you guys for getting quality high schoolers to come in. I haven't heard anything on basketball recruiting this year though.

I know we (SDSU) loose Austin Hansen, Sonny Walker, Stoebner, and Adam Robinson, but what about Cerveny and Schantz? *Are they filing for medical redshirt because of their injuries? *Does anyone know who else is filing for medical redshirt?

Cervney and Schantz have filed for redshirts. I do not know if they have offically been approved. Jones playing as a true freshman does not need to apply for a medical, but just declared the 2002-3 season as being a redshirt one. There is one incident that is hanging out and that is the allegation of drug possession and parephanelia against Andy Moeller and Calvin Malaney. The last I heard there was another court continuence. *If these guys come away from a jury trial *with a conviction, I dont know if they will be back. I would hope SDSU would give them a second chance, especially since this incident apparently has issues. *Issues that would make their attorney to file for a jury trial.

I think we got a good recruiter in Troy Larson. He had a big part in recruiting at Morningside and knows his way around Iowa pretty good.
    I don't think SDSU will come up short in terms of BB recruits.
    I wish our football program was in the same competitive position as the Mens basketball.

SDSU Fan And Charger: I heard last winter that Matt Jones might not be back for the Jacks in 03-04; is there any basis to this to your knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by purplemavfan
    SDSU Fan And Charger: I heard last winter that Matt Jones might not be back for the Jacks in 03-04; is there any basis to this to your knowledge?
    I dont know if this is an old rumor or a new rumor. I do know he was able to dress for the regional and was practicing towards the end of the season. Apparently he finally is getting back to full health. Other than that I know nothing about a transfer or not playing next year.