Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoops News

BisonMav Guest

Default Hoops News

Nice games by both men and women last night.

Men almost upset the #5 Team. The men have had a tough schedule so far.
    Cal-Pamona

Women won easily. They play highly rated Bentley tonight.
    Chadron

BisonMav Guest

Default Re: Hoops News

Good game by the Bison Women, defeating #2 Bentley.

Bentley Game

wfduck Guest

Sue eek out a win against the Beavers........
    men lay another egg.........
    women need some consistency

I've been squawking about Bison Big Men and the need of more. Uof Mary has a 7' center-and yes he can play.

Mohall ND high school goes 6'7, 6'6 6'3. they would matchup well vs NDSU :P

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by the duck
    Sue eek out a win against the Beavers........
    men lay another egg.........
    women need some consistency

I've been squawking about Bison Big Men and the need of more. Uof Mary has a 7' center-and yes he can play.

Mohall ND high school goes 6'7, 6'6 6'3. they would matchup well vs NDSU :P
    The Yellowjackets have always had tall teams. When I was a senior their front line was 6'6, 6'5, 6,4. One of those guys ended up playing basketball at Northern St. and another played football for the Bison. Alot of fun I tell you.

wfduck Guest

Pankratz boys?
    I'm not taking shots at Mohall at all. A quick look through the ND Hoopster and Central Cass also goes 6'8 6'7 6'4

Lucas Moorman from Dickinson 6'9
    Verdow is 6'8

I liken it to the Great Les Jepson. There is a need for height in all basketball programs. Major college will take any 7'0 with a heart beat. NDSU should find away to get at least a couple 6'9 6"10 ballers on the court

Quote Originally Posted by the duck
    Pankratz boys?
    I'm not taking shots at Mohall at all. A quick look through the ND Hoopster and Central Cass also goes 6'8 6'7 6'4

Lucas Moorman from Dickinson 6'9
    Verdow is 6'8

I liken it to the Great Les Jepson. There is a need for height in all basketball programs. Major college will take any 7'0 with a heart beat. NDSU should find away to get at least a couple 6'9 6"10 ballers on the court
    Actually, the Pankratz boys are my cousins, but they're not from Mohall. Dustin Undlin and Brady Oberholtzer were two of the guys I was talking about. ND seems like they've produced quite a few good big men over the years; the Vliem (sp) boys from Hettinger, Matt Clooten from Beulah, Brandon Badding, the Pankratz boys, etc.

wfduck Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad

Actually, the Pankratz boys are my cousins, but they're not from Mohall. *Dustin Undlin and Brady Oberholtzer were two of the guys I was talking about. *ND seems like they've produced quite a few good big men over the years; the Vliem (sp) boys from Hettinger, Matt Clooten from Beulah, Brandon Badding, the Pankratz boys, etc.
    North Dakota isn't not barren when it comes to BIG guys.

Jon Godfread is a 7' playing garbage minutes at UNI...Nathan Monroe 7' at UMary is a Bismarck kid(i think) Jared Wells at UND is ND...etc...etc...

I would've hoped Tylar Koenig thought about NDSU vs Wisconsin Green Bay....can't belive exposure/money is that much better at one of the many "other schools" for Wisconsin.

Don't forget Doug Swenson from Halliday who played at Creighton...I'm sure the list goes on.....

I played HS ball against Clooten (Sp.) from Buelah, Both Vleims from Hettinger and Swenson form Halliday. Swenson and Jesse Vleim (The younger of the two) were the only two out of that group who had better than average ball skills. The others were just big and athletic, not very good "Basketball" players. Swenson was a beast, too bad he didn't have a little more meat on his bones (one of the skinniest kids I ever knew). He could have been a force at a major DI school.

I'm actually watching Tyler Koenig play right now, as Wisconsin-GB is playing Iowa. He doesn't start, but looks like he gets quite a bit of playing time, averaging about 6 ppg early in the season.

IowaBison Guest

Are you in Iowa, NDSU grad?

I've got the same game on.