Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sioux vs Bison

Default Sioux vs Bison

There is a silver lining despite the Bison loss tonight. *If I were a Bison fan, God forbid *, I would be ecstatic knowing my team went 3-1 on the 2 toughest road-trips of the year. *I will guarantee that Miles told the team after the game to not dwell on the loss, because they control their own destiny......and at home. *It sets up an interesting next 2 weeks of Sioux v Bison action. *What will decide both men's games, I can tell you right now. *It is the match-up of Lindahl vs whomever the Bison put on him, and vise-versa. *He will be very difficult for Green and Erbes to matchup with, and on the other hand, Green presents some real problems for Lindahl with his quickness on the offensive end. *Erbes will have an extremely difficult time with Lindahl on the perimeter, and I'd assume that May would take him when May and Erbes are on the floor together. *This Lindahl vs the BIson PF's and whichever team wins it will decide who wins the game, I'd bet the farm on it.

JBB Guest

Default Re: Sioux vs Bison

The game against und, whomever they are because Ive never heard of them unless they played St. Johns or something, doesnt mean much. A cellar deweller against a nationally competitive team means the upset can only be made by this und club. Even if they manage to win it doesnt mean much.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lindahl is only one player. He may impact the game somewhat, but the Bison as a team will wear down the Siouxage. I'll take the Bison and their depth over a couple of players. Besides, Lindahl is too soft, slow, and inconstent. But for a ND kid he's not too bad!

BisonMav Guest

Lindahl still has to prove himself after he let his team down in the ND Class B championship game a couple years ago. He looked like he gave up in the last five minutes of the game. He has more of a team around him than he did at Cando, and Glas is a better coach than his dad. Glas won't let him quit and will let him know that the world doesn't revolve around Evan. I assume the other UND players will let him know he shouldn't quit on them either. I would be more concerned about someone like Austin having a breakout game.

I can watching a couple of Lindahl play a couple of games in high school, and the main thing that stuck out to me was that all he did was shoot 3 pointers. He never really posted up and scored in the post, granted Glas will probably make him doing being a better coach than his dad of course. But thats just my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4Life
    I can watching a couple of Lindahl play a couple of games in high school, and the main thing that stuck out to me was that all he did was shoot 3 pointers. *He never really posted up and scored in the post, granted Glas will probably make him doing being a better coach than his dad of course. *But thats just my 2 cents worth.
    That is exactly what makes him so dangerous. How many D2 teams have a 6-10 PF who mives extremely well, roams the perimeter, and has a great outside shot. It is pretty odd for someone who is "too soft, slow, and inconsistent" to be leading the NCC in scoring and rebounding. The 6-3 Green simply cannot defend that. Those who have been around this series long enough know you can throw records out, they don't matter, the games will be close no matter what. In the early 90's when the Sioux were completely dominant in the NCC, their toughest games were always against the Bison. Another trend of late is the road team has been winning quite often. The Sioux bench had a much better weekend then they have had so far this year, with Dan Dahl, Aaron Austin, and Germel Stoute all playing better then they have. The PF matchup will still decide who wins, though.

D, you make some good points. Coming out of the toughest road games of the season with one loss is fantastic. Hopefully we can run the table and earn a split with SDSU.

Lindahl is a good player and his size can make for difficult defense, he was 7-17 at Frost and 2-8 on the 3 pt attempts. Its a matter of getting a hand in his face, and if you put a guy 6-5 on him and he plays good defense you can stop him. The Bison do not want to give Lindahl the looks that Schantz had in the first half, if you do it could be a long night for the Bison.

Likewise if UND can play good D, and keep the perimeter protected from the 3 pt Bison guys you can beat them.

JBB Guest

Is it just me or is there precious little excitement about the upcoming BB games? Has it become clear that und is a D2 school of passing interest to a DI program? They have been a good draw in Fargo since the Fabulous Fargo Dome opened, filling the place a couple of times. But they are not in the top 5 attended games at Dacotah Field. UNC had the top crowd there. I guess more and more of us are going to be able to say:

und? Never heard of them. didnt they play St. Johns or something, or were they the ones that played that professional basketball player?

MN_BISONS Guest

Does anyone know if Joe Sensor's or any other sports bar is picking up the KU band signal and showing the game in Minneapolis???