Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA and BBFH

Bisonfan1234 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default BSA and BBFH

Has anyone ever considered that we could simply gut the BSA and have a very nice, large bball, vball, and wrestling arena?

Then we could throw a pool, indoor track, weight room, locker rooms, and offices in the Benson Bunker Field House? I think maybe we'd have to upgrade the BBFH for it be able to have all that stuff, but it could be done.

So the BSA would be like the show case arena and the BBFH would be the practice house.

JBB Guest

Default Re: BSA and BBFH

I dont know if you know this but there is a pool in the basement of the Benston Bunker. Its not used. It was empty when I partied down the bands and their entourages for the Forienger, Little river Band concert. Thankfully I was able to keep the party closed or somebody was certainly going to prison. It would have been fitting if it would have been bill blain. For those of you who dont know him, dont axe me to explain.

LOL! An indoor track at the Bentson-Bunker?

533 In a row

The buiding sits on a big enough lot if they did a major overhaul.

OK.....after that latest insight from 1234 I am convinced he has never attended school at NDSU and likely has not been on the campus. Good grief, give us a break...

You guys do realize that an indoor track is only 200m around, right? If any of you have been in the BSA, it's the same size as the track they have in there.

This could EASILY fit on the ***LOT*** that the BBFH sits on. They simply would have to build a bigger shell around it...maybe. They might be able to squeeze it in the current building with some overhaul.

Was just a suggestiong that would allow us to have a new bball arena without constructiong a new building.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1234
    You guys do realize that an indoor track is only 200m around, right? If any of you have been in the BSA, it's the same size as the track they have in there.

This could EASILY fit on the ***LOT*** that the BBFH sits on. They simply would have to build a bigger shell around it...maybe. They might be able to squeeze it in the current building with some overhaul.

Was just a suggestiong that would allow us to have a new bball arena without constructiong a new building.
    Have you ever been in BBFH? The only way a 200m track is going in there is if they build an overpass over University Ave.

But as long as they put Field Turf in there and use it as a FB practice facility, its a workable plan... :

I'm with you WYOBISONMAN, he has never attended NDSU...

Craig

I agree with you guys, TX and WY. How would building a shell around an existing building be benificial? You might as well start from scratch and spend less money.

Hey, maybe the Ag. Engineering (where I spent a majority of my time since that was my major) could be the new home for wrestling. Or maybe South Engineering. Too bad that part of the building was torn down and a water fountain was put in that place. With the whole building together we could have placed baseball in there.

I remember starting a food fight in RDC that resembled baseball ;D......Damn near got me kicked out of Johnson Hall

Ok you guys haven't been to the BBFH in a while. Must not remember the size.