Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Mavs NCC Tournament Champs

Default Congrats Mavs NCC Tournament Champs

Congrats to coach Mckenna and the UNO MEN NCC tournament Champs

Maverick

Default Re: Congrats Mavs NCC Tournament Champs

I will add my Congradulations and after sitting for one half about 20 feet from the UNO bench, UNO has a very good program that is winning at home. How will they play in Peoria, opps Denver?

Whether Nagy is a better coach than McKenna its hard to tell. I will say they are both among the best in D2. Also Maverick mentions Topp Kropp at UNK, yes another fine coach, who after beating SDSU in the Regional Semifinals said that they would not have won if it had been in Brookings.

If UNO wants to further prove their ability as a good team they got to win in Denver and Bakersfield.

feminine_heroine Guest

I am a huge maverick fan and the chances of us coming out of denver are slim and none. Miracles can happen but just can't see us winning against metro on their home court. But then I thought UNO would finish 4th in the NCC. Actually I think it has been about 15 years since an ncc team has even won a game at the Elite 8.

~how is the NCC men compared to with the rest of the nation anyways? considering NDSU has never been really successfull in the NCC, I wonder if thats a telling sign of how we will do in D1, I really like Myles, but how does he compare with coaching in D1..I know he was very successful at Southwest Minnesota State.....

Great basketball website for you ndsu and sdsu fans at theinsidershoops.com follow along the left side to recruits and look up your school at commit list and also go to recruit search and go to search criteria and scroll down to your school and hit search on far right side and gives you a list of potential recruits and who you are competing against.

Maverick
    GoGO UNO

P.S. give me some feedback

BisonMav Guest

Maverick,

We have been following this site, look under the BB Recruiting topic.

SDSU and NCC fans,

I fear for our basketball teams in Denver. Kevin Mckenna was on his weekly show and said that he talked to Tom Kropp the head coach of Nebraska-Kearney . Coach Kropp told Mckenna that they lost to Metro by 30 points and what's scary is that Coach Kropp said that his team might have played one of their best games of the year in the loss. UNK has a solid team that I have seen play in person. If someone from the NCC comes out of Denver with a championship this weekend I will be shocked.

Maverick

I fully agree that if anyone beats Metro, especially on their court, it will be a giant upset. They have it rolling right now. It's just too bad they play in front of so few people. That's the way it is in Division II. Have you ever been to a Division II national tournament? I've been to both the men's and women's national tournaments and very few people, outside the fans from participating teams, attend these games. Very few people care about Division II except for the teams playing. It was quite an eye opening for me.

Herd_Mentality Guest

Is it just me or is it kinda g@y when an "outsider" runs around posting "Congrats" messages about their team on another team's messageboard? I mean, cool if somebody here did it...but starting a thread like this is sort of a pathetic thing to do. :

Everyone wants to hand the Regional Trophy to Metro State based on their gawdy record. Their undefeated conference record is impressive however I would submit that the RMAC is very mediocre at best. Metro lost two early non-conference games to average NSIC teams. They lost to Winona 74-69 and to Duluth 74-63. The Jacks played just one RMAC team this year and won 102-82 that wasn't nearly that close. Don't get me wrong Metro is a good team and they have some of the same key components that beat the Jacks by a basket in Brookings at the Regional Championship game 2 years ago namely Kendall and Mutombo. I just think the NCC has 3 teams in the Regional that all can beat Metro
    on a good night.