Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why aren't we...

Bisonfan1234 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Why aren't we...

... playing basketball games in the dome?!

After seeing the atmosphere at the Dome for the state B games, i am left dumbfounded as to why we still play in that delappitated box!!

If we were to do this, i think we'd have to keep the magic carpet turf for football, however.

Although i wonder if there could be such a thing as field turf M.C.? I suppose it would have to exclude the rubber bits that they put in, but so what? Hmm...i should email fieldturf and ask them if they've ever considered such a thing.

Default Re: Why aren't we...

They've done it and the atmosphere was dead!

The dome is not a good BB site. Lots of folks are complaining about the atmosphere at the class B tourney and it is possible it may not go back to Fargo.

JBB Guest

The Dome is being used as a political football. Many Class B schools resent Fargo getting the games. They feel it should be in a city that better represents the interests of Class B year around, not just at tourny time. If the atmosphere in the Dome is bad its because of uptight fans not the building. Thats the problem with football too.

Bisonfan1234 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well from what i saw on tv the thing was packed and very loud!

They feel it should be in a city that better represents the interests of Class B year around, not just at tourny time.
    Could you explain this a little better? What city does represent class B year round? They should be damn happy it's in fargo. It gives them an excuse to get away from their little villages and visit the big city. They can also go to the mall and buy stuff that they can't get elsewhere.

If the atmosphere in the Dome is bad its because of uptight fans not the building. Thats the problem with football too.
    I agree.

BisonMav Guest

Probably has more to do with location, especially with the western fans. *Class B fans like centralized Bismarck and Minot. *

The people in the West don't like going to Fargo for tournaments. It probably makes more sense to host more of those events in Bismarck and Minot due to the central location of each town.

Herd_Mentality Guest

Which is a laugher....Minot being centrally located is like saying ND is on the Eastern Seaboard.

The Class B folks are pissing me off right now. First they complain about the private schools getting into "their" tournament because they "recruit", and they are unhappy with the atmosphere at the tournament at the Fargodome. Here is a thought, if the schools would produce better teams perhaps the private schools wouldn't be in the tournament. It has nothing to do with recruiting, and as McFeeley pointed out, 3/4 private schools lost in the first round. 3 classes in ND for basketball simply would not work. The middle class would represent fewer teams then the current Class A does, which is already way too small. These folks need to stop trying to change the rules just so that their inferior team has a chance to get to the state tournament.

JBB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D
    ...These folks need to stop trying to change the rules just so that their inferior team has a chance to get to the state tournament. *
    Kind of sounds like the D2 doesnt it? Inferior programs trying to change rules to make themselves more competitive with a playoff chance.