Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BSA: formerly known as The New Fieldhouse

BisonMav Guest

Default BSA: formerly known as The New Fieldhouse

I have heard a lot of people bash the BSA. I may be one of the few, but I like the BSA for basketball. There may be a few things that need to be updated. I like the bench seats because they get people off their arses during the games. What do others think is so bad about the BSA?

PS: To whom it may concern, don't even start with the fieldturf.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: BSA: formerly known as The New Fieldhouse

The only thing I don't like about the BSA is that it's too big. Not in terms of seats but rather space. It's almost like playing in a big dome. Hyslop was a dump but the bball atmosphere was always pretty cool.

Putting more seats in the end zones would have the effect of "closing in" the court. Even now, they do a pretty good job of hiding the size of the arena by having no lights turned on over the north and south ends.

Comfortable seats would be nice though ;D

533 In a row

There needs to be endzone seating to give a "Bowl" feel to it. That is probably the cheapest way to improve it.

JBB Guest

IVe watched a lot of BB in there myself. I dont like the bleachers any more, but have spent a lot of time in them. Its not a bad place to go to see a game. I dont know what the locker rooms are like anymore or any of the other facilities, but the BSA has other problems that dont involve the game atmosphere or seating.

The ideal would be a new 12,000 seat arena, but that would cost a little bit of cash!!

mikelsch Guest

Anyone heard any updates on the BSA revision?

IMO, the BSA should be revised as a top-notch training facility and office complex. Also, in order to be taken seriously as a DI school, we need a nice 8,000 seat (give or take) arena for basketball. NDSU Volleyball and wrestling matches could also be played there. This would be a great venue for High School Tournaments, smaller concerts, and other events (maybe a NIT game or two). Best location: Dacotah Field. It would mean tearing down an icon, but no other logical place on campus. It is close to large parking lots, BSA, and Fargodome. Of course money is the issue, but there has to be a way for the university to make it happen. Although, it won't occur until NDSU improves its classroom and living space for the increased enrollment and educational programs.

Bisonfan1234 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At the minimum, the BSA is simply not a place you want to show off to recruits. It's just too old. It was probably the greatest thing ever back int he 70's, but it's time for something new.

I would support a new BB/VB arena built on top of Dacotah.

the BSA is going to ROCK this year with our first year of DI opponents!!! Oh MAN!! mayville state...bemidji..minot...WAIT???? isn't that the same crap we've kicked the last MANY years without the promise of playing real teams down the road??? are we really DIVISION ONE??? HELP???

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1234
    At the minimum, the BSA is simply not a place you want to show off to recruits. It's just too old. It was probably the greatest thing ever back int he 70's, but it's time for something new.

I would support a new BB/VB arena built on top of Dacotah.
    Start dialing up your alumni....I don't think NDSU or the State (could or SHOULD) pony up the dough to fix up that old pig!! Maybe you should have thought about upgrading facilities BEFORE you made the BIG MOVE to DIVISION ONE (aa*)

*Not to be confused with REAL DIVISION ONE