Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid Con revisited

Hybrid View

JBB Guest

Default Mid Con revisited

If you havent read Jeff Kolpacks article about the Mid Con on Bison Zone (Dont Get Too Picky) you should. *I totally agree with him. *I might even go one step further and say the Mid Con/GWFC is a better combo than joining the BSC. *I know a lot of people dont agree but JK makes a good argument. *

(Link removed. Inadvertant pay site)

89rabbit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Mid Con revisited

Quote Originally Posted by JBB
    *I might even go one step further and say the Mid Con/GWFC is a better combo than joining the BSC. *
    You might be right.

Go State! ;D
    South Dakota State University
    Jackrabbits

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics2/...0530015132.jpg

If you havent read Jeff Kolpacks article about the Mid Con on Bison Zone (Dont Get Too Picky) you should. *I totally agree with him. *I might even go one step further and say the Mid Con/GWFC is a better combo than joining the BSC. *I know a lot of people dont agree but JK makes a good argument. *
    It's generally considered impolite to post links to sites/articles that you have to pay for to read . . .

Blame impolite stuff on that 01234 guy. He needs more problems.
    Go Jackrabbits!

JBB Guest

Im sorry filbert, I thought it was free. *I havent logged in to that site (auto log in) in so long I forgot you had to pay for some of its content.

Generally though he said the Mid-Con will give us more BB exposure than the BSC.

I will take the link down. *sorry.

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

one question...does the Mid-Con get an auto bid to the big dance ???

JBB Guest

Hey, Merry Christmas BisBison,

If memory serves me well they do.

Im sorry filbert, I thought it was free. *I havent logged in to that site (auto log in) in so long I forgot you had to pay for some of its content.

Generally though he said the Mid-Con will give us more BB exposure than the BSC.

I will take the link down. *sorry.
    No problem, you caught me in a grumpy mood, I guess.

Some prudent, limited excerpting of selected juicy sections of the article would more than make up for it (subject to the restrictions of Copyright Fair Use, of course . . . )

89rabbit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisBison
    one question...does the Mid-Con get an auto bid to the big dance ???
    Yes, Valpo was the Mid-Con's rep last year.
    South Dakota State University
    Jackrabbits

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics2/...0530015132.jpg

JBB Guest

Here is an interesting statement from that blog where, I think, Kolpack makes his pt:

".....That's precisely what happened and now NDSU, at least in the short term, must look at a league like the Mid-Continent Conference for help. For which I say: What's so bad about the Mid-Con?

Have any of you out there seen a Mid-Con game? Do you believe for some reason that the Mid-Con is a step above the DAC-10?

Let's have a little reality. The Mid-Con is still better basketball than the NCC. For the most part, Mid-Con teams have better athletes and attract the players who carry Division I interest. As we have found out about this NDSU move, there's the status and peer pressure about the Division I label that appeals to kids.

I stopped in Tim Miles' office one day last year while he was watching a tape of the Mid-Con title game. It was pretty good ball.

The Mid-Con has a better locale for a NDSU recruiting area (Chicago and Kansas City). Before you're quick to the draw on crushing the Mid-Con, remember the alternative: remaining in Division II and seeing the same old stuff come through here or remaining a Division I independent and seeing a hodge podge of teams come through here."