Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs. SDSU

JBB Guest

Default NDSU vs. SDSU

The BISON and Jack Rabbits go at it today in the independent tournament in Flordia. Its a great chance for the men to take one form SDSU and set the stage for the rubber match in Fargo on the 26th. Go BISON!!

The Forum lists the game at 4:45 which might be 3:45 our time but Bison Zone puts the time at 12:15? Anybody know for sure when it is? Id love to listen to the game.

IowaBison Guest

Default Re: NDSU vs. SDSU

I was a little disappointed WDAY didn't do a better job of plugging the game last night at 10. :'(

mikelsch Guest

The game today vs. SDSU is at 4:45 central time. I suggest looking to gobison.com, they are always correct with game times and other NDSU information.

RABBIT Guest

Its going to be tough for SDSU to win this one, being down at a 7 man rotation, and missing steve holdren. I'll be surprised if the bison don't take the next two. It'll be the last two for awhile though.

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT
    Its going to be tough for SDSU to win this one, being down at a 7 man rotation, and missing steve holdren. *I'll be surprised if the bison don't take the next two. *It'll be the last two for awhile though.
    I see someone is getting their excuses all lined up. Usually teams wait until they lose to make excuses, but not you. Thats good thinking, that way you have nothing to lose going into the game. If we beat you what can we say--You already told us that we probably would being that you only have 7 players, but if lose, then you can really act smart that you beat us with only 7 players. Pretty crafty Rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT
    Its going to be tough for SDSU to win this one, being down at a 7 man rotation, and missing steve holdren. *I'll be surprised if the bison don't take the next two. *It'll be the last two for awhile though.

Are you guys short manned? Injuries? Or do you only dress like 9 like the Bison?

RABBIT Guest

I see someone is getting their excuses all lined up. Usually teams wait until they lose to make excuses, but not you. Thats good thinking, that way you have nothing to lose going into the game. If we beat you what can we say--You already told us that we probably would being that you only have 7 players, but if lose, then you can really act smart that you beat us with only 7 players. Pretty crafty Rabbit.
    How did I know that somebody would say something like that. There are no conditions whatsoever for you guys that would mean anything. Here are the facts:

SDSU current Rotation:

7 men

SDSU current Scholarship players:

4 men

If you think that beating that team means that you are sooo much better than SDSU, and that you outrecruited and outplayed us fine. I couldn't care less, because your not being realistic. Right now SDSU is playing with a third of a team. If you want to think that beating us means that you "Got your first D-I Win" than your an idiot. NAIA teams have more scholarships than we do right now. I'm not making excuses, I'm stating facts, interpret them as you want.

Also, I won't make fun of NDSU for losing any games this year (If you check my posts, I never have) because I realize they are redshirting 5 players, which means they aren't really competitve, its stupid to insult teams that are in situations with rebuilding/injuries/unforeseen losses, becuase it doesn't show what that school is capable of.

RABBIT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico

Are you guys short manned? *Injuries? *Or do you only dress like 9 like the Bison?
    We had 9 last time we played, then Freshman Steve Holdren went out with mono, and Guard Andy Kleinjan ended the season with a foot injury.

GoBisonGo, I would venture a guess that Bison fans would say the same thing if we had only 7 guys playing. Also, maybe not you, but others on this board have made excuses about our team this year with the Bison not playing our all of our best players (the 5 redshirts).

All I am saying is that it is natural for a fan of team to understand the weaknesses of their team and express them in a way that defends a potential loss.

On another note, I hope the Bison win out in this tournament and end the year by continuing their win streak. It would be a great way to end the first D-I season and a great way to motivate next year's team.

I don't think there is any question NDSU should win this game today. That being said, and even though the Jacks are shorthanded, I still think Ben Beran and Joe Green are the two best players on the floor and they need to dominate for the Jacks to have a chance.