Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When will we be accepted into a conference??

Default When will we be accepted into a conference??

When in the future will we FINALLY be accepted to join an established conference?? (And no, the proposal of forming a new conference with other Indy's doesn't count).

Keep in mind that if we find an established conference in basketball by the time July 1, 2008 rolls around, we would officially be tourney-eligible for basketball on that date.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Default Re: When will we be accepted into a conference??

What exactly are the rules for eligibility for both the men and the women's teams as far as postseason play?

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
    What exactly are the rules for eligibility for both the men and the women's teams as far as postseason play?
    No chance at the NCAA tourney until 2008-2009, and then probably the only realistic chance is to win a conference crown (i.e. receive an autobid). The NIT tourney is a possibility next year, as NDSU will have a RPI-qualifying schedule.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Since Big Sky fell through I think it could be a loong time before we can get in a conference in basketball. I haven't been keeping up but I don;t know any other possabilities around here. I think 2010 could come around and we would still be looking for a tourney eligible conference. We aren't in the best location.

JBB Guest

I agree with that. I picked 2008 because the poll only went that far out. Unless something changes in the BSC, we are going to probably have to start another new conference or play independent for a long time. If that happens a move to DI-A football might be the only way to find a full conference affiliation.

Wild card: on going reorganization in all of division one and reclassification of more DII schools.

mikelsch Guest

The closer we get to being fully eligible, the closer we will get to an established conference. Conferences are in no hurry to invite a team that is so early in the transition. NDSU's success and credentials will eventually overcome geography and we will pique the interest of the Big Sky, Mid-Con, and Horizon/Gateway.

IowaBison Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie
    The closer we get to being fully eligible, the closer we will get to an established conference. *Conferences are in no hurry to invite a team that is so early in the transition. *NDSU's success and credentials will eventually overcome geography and we will pique the interest of the Big Sky, Mid-Con, and Horizon/Gateway.
    I agree with you completely, Greenie. There might be flirtations, but I think beginning in the fall of '06 there will be greater interest and by Christmas '07 something will happen.

I hope you guys are right. I hate the idea of not being in a conference, and no light at the end of this tunnel, it has to affect recruiting to some degree.

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico
    I hope you guys are right. I hate the idea of not being in a conference, and no light at the end of this tunnel, it has to affect recruiting to some degree.
    COME ON!! We just started down this tunnel. Take a pill, we'll get there. Nobody said this would be easy of fast, if it was undII and every other pretender would be doing it. :-/

JBB Guest

I found this link on AGS:

WKU approached by MAC

This would shake up the Gateway for sure and might provide the Dakotas with an opportunity, but it wont help at all with BB. *This is part of a chain reaction starting with re-shuffeling in DI-A conference memberships. *This type of thing is able to trickle all the way down to us and our conference search.