Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005-2006 men's team

Default 2005-2006 men's team

I'm real excited to see the men's team play this year. It will be a completely new team , not like one Miles has had in the past, and I'm sure they will struggle at times but I think they will be fun to watch.

Last year we had a short team depth-wise because of the 5 freshman redshirting, and this year I believe there are 3 true freshman. Anyone know if they will be all be redshirting this year, or will anyone play and contribute?

I have no idea on who I would expect to even start, and how deep of a rotation they will use. Anyone have any thoughts?

See Yuz.

Default Re: 2005-2006 men's team

There are 4 true freshmen this year. Sam Sussenguth, Josh Vaughan, Austin Pennick and Lorenzo Riley. I think Miles has said that Riley will be playing this year, and I think the other 3 will redshirt.

Did anyone go to the midnight madness?

533 In a row

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico
    I'm real excited to see the men's team play this year. *It will be a completely new team , not like one Miles has had in the past, and I'm sure they will struggle at times but I think they will be fun to watch.

Last year we had a short team depth-wise because of the 5 freshman redshirting, and this year I believe there are 3 true freshman. *Anyone know if they will be all be redshirting this year, or will anyone play and contribute?

I have no idea on who I would expect to even start, and how deep of a rotation they will use. *Anyone have any thoughts?

See Yuz.
    A complete guess on the starting lineup.

G Ben Woodside
    G Phil Hahn
    G Brett Winkelman/Michael Nelson
    F Andre Smith
    F Lorenzo Riley

Extremely young and small, but should be interesting. I have no idea on what the rotation will be.

Did NDSU have midnight madness last night?
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

I was at midnight madness.

It was slow like it usually is, and sloppy. *The kids I'm sure aren't playing hard, just having fun.

The men rained 3's in the 3 point shootout like nothing.

Josh Vaughn is one of the smoothest shooters I think NDSU has ever had, that I've seen in possibly 20 years of being a fan anyways.

Andre Smith's ego couldn't possibly be any bigger for a JUCO player. *I think he could be a very good player, but he seems rather arrogant and cocky beyond belief. *As long as he's contributing to the team I think he will be fine. *Then again, maybe it's just his persona and my perception and nothing more.

The 5 freshman that all redshirted last year could be solid contributors. *Woodside is a talented all around player, Winkelman and Nelson are extremely athletic compared to what NDSU has had in recent years, Lunde seems like he could be a force, but he has the wrist injury so it's hard to say.

Lorenzo Riley looks like a legit D1 player for our standards. *I think he could be a standout once he gets comfortable here.

Austin Pennick is smoooth. *I was really impressed with what I saw in him. *He has big time hops, looks to be extremely athletic and has excellent basketball build. *He didn't play much in the scrimmage because he hurt his wrist on the first possession. *I hope it's not serious. *I was hoping he wouldn't redshirt because I want to see this kid play now, but at least he will be around another year.

IMHO their is a significant difference in talent this year, then previous years. *I think the fans will be welcomed to D1 with a fun and athletic team to watch.

At the same time though, it's hard to say what any of these players are like in a competitive atmosphere.

See Yuz.

I agree SILK.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

BisonMav Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad

A complete guess on the starting lineup.

G *Ben Woodside
    G *Phil Hahn
    G *Brett Winkelman/Michael Nelson
    F *Andre Smith
    F *Lorenzo Riley

Extremely young and small, but should be interesting. *I have no idea on what the rotation will be.
    Here's my complete guess: We will have to see which combinations play best together. The team looks deep.

For Starters
    G Woodside Fr
    G Hahn Sr
    F Winkelman Fr
    F Smith Jr
    C Moorman Fr

Rotation in no specific order
    G Obadina So
    G Nelson Fr
    F Riley Fr
    F Lunde Fr
    C Brown So

somebison Guest

Starters (probably) will be

Winkelman, Nelson, Woodside, Smith and Moorman

Very athletic bunch and should be fun to watch.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Two sophomore walk-ons listed on the men's roster:

Ben Stoll 6-0 Guard from Brainerd MN
    Andy Hansen 6-4 Forward from Estelline SD

533 In a row