Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Eastern Mich. game

Default Re: Thoughts on Eastern Mich. game

This is the best group of athletes I've seen at NDSU. In the 30 years I've been around. And they are good people. Keep it up Coach Miles and staff. When does the basketball show start?
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

TaTonka_31 Guest

What's amazing about this team is that Coach Miles has the players believing they can win each and every time out. With the youth they are playing, its amazing really.

Even though they lost to MN and CSU, they really competed well and could have won if they could have finished the game. This will come and as the season goes on, they will be more than competitive with all but the very elite in college basketball IMO.

Yes, which makes my point, Ive seen woodside dunk it

ps: a 2' verticle is not that great. Thats only 24". In high school i had a 32". Woody has around a 34" verticle

There probably arent too many people that thought that the Bison had a shot at beating Minnesota or Colorado State. *The fact that they hung in there with them for 3/4 of the game shows a lot. *The guys went into Williams Arena and were not star struck, but rather went out to play right from the opening whistle.

The game against Eastern Michigan showed us how these guys can play as a team, and I think it was very important to get that first D-I victory early in the season. *Looking out on the court and at times, seeing five freshmen on the floor together competing against established D-I programs shows great promise for the future.

This season is going to be fun ;D

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison
    Woodside being able to dunk at 5'10' means you need to have about a 2' veritical unless you have kangaroo arms... ah not hops. If he can jump well it doesn't show when playing. He is fine and jumping sure, and yes good player...

99Bision- I'm questioning where you get your 24 inches math. I'm 5'10" and with my arm fully extended (I don't have kangaroo arms) I reach about 91 up. To get to the rim I'd have to jump 29 inches to get the ball over the rim at least another 4-6" to maybe dunk. That equates to a veritical of 33-36" to get the ball in. Someone with a two foot verticle would be having trouble touching the net. Where do you get you're numbers?

JBB Guest

After the EMich game, and knowing Garner Webb beat the Gophers last night by 1 I cant help but think we could have done it with Woodside on the court out of foul trouble. I dont know how good GW is though.

Quote Originally Posted by JBB
    After the EMich game, and knowing Garner Webb beat the Gophers last night by 1 I cant help but think we could have done it with Woodside on the court out of foul trouble. *I dont know how good GW is though.
    The big reason why GW won is because Gopher star Vincent Grier didn't play and was injured during the last minute of the game against the Bison. If Grier would not have played against NDSU we would have beat the Gophers as well, he is really a difference maker. I don't know if we would have beaten the Gophers if Woodside hadn't got into such quick foul trouble but the game would have been closer.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Gardner Webb look to be very solid this year.

I don't know the 411 on them but they lost at UNC by 3 points. They look to be alot better then what people expect out of the small midmajor colleges.

See Yuz.

BisonMav Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent

The big reason why GW won is because Gopher star Vincent Grier didn't play and was injured during the last minute of the game against the Bison. If Grier would not have played against NDSU we would have beat the Gophers as well, he is really a difference maker. I don't know if we would have beaten the Gophers if Woodside hadn't got into such quick foul trouble but the game would have been closer.
    Another Starter, Dan Coleman was out on a Family Emergency. So that's two starters gone.