Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Court Advantage.....

Default Re: Home Court Advantage.....

That 5500 average attendance in the ealry 80's was real, at least most games had that many. Both east and west sides were near full and the small bleachers under the baskets the same. I would arrive early to get a good seat on the east side. The bison moved the ball up and down the court quickly and if the Bison scored more than 100 points there was a coupon on the way out the door for a free Big Mac or quarter pounder from McDonalds. Berwald and Askew were outstanding players. The crowd really got into the game. Not sure why NDSU students, alumni and friends don't support basketball in bigger numbers now. I hope the current team along with an improved schedule will bring more fans to the game. Hope the improvements to the BSA happen soon too (really wish a new building was in the works).

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison
    That 5500 average attendance in the ealry 80's was real, at least most games had that many. *Both east and west sides were near full and the small bleachers under the baskets the same. *I would arrive early to get a good seat on the east side. *The bison moved the ball up and down the court quickly and if the Bison scored more than 100 points there was a coupon on the way out the door for a free Big Mac or quarter pounder from McDonalds. *Berwald and Askew were outstanding players. *The crowd really got into the game. *Not sure why NDSU students, alumni and friends don't support basketball in bigger numbers now. *I hope the current team along with an improved schedule will bring more fans to the game. *Hope the improvements to the BSA happen soon too (really wish a new building was in the works). * * * * *
    I also remember a promotion at Wendys where you got a real decent mug with a large drink. It had the NDSU logo on one side and the player roster on the other.

I suspect those attendence figures are more accurate than the FB ones.......

BisonMav Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN

I also remember a promotion at Wendys where you got a real decent mug with a large drink. *It had the NDSU logo on one side and the player roster on the other.

I suspect those attendence figures are more accurate than the FB ones.......
    I have a Wendy's mug right in front of me, it says Bison Football 1983 National Champions.

I remember those "big mac" games! When the Bison got into the mid 90's, the crowd would start cheering for the other team to shoot and then would start chanting, "big mac...big mac...". Fun times.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior
    I remember those "big mac" games! *When the Bison got into the mid 90's, the crowd would start cheering for the other team to shoot and then would start chanting, "big mac...big mac...". *Fun times.
    A great promotion!

I still have one of those basketball mugs. Jeff is married and living in Fargo. He runs a little basketball school in the winter. My daughter goes to it. It is Jeffs way of giving back to the game. He is married to Stacy Simlie who runs the FM ACRO team.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

EagleBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Thats right....Woodside is turning into the Askew of this era.....

By the way......what ever happened to Askew??
    Found this on the internet, great to see Jeff giving back to the community. He was the Bison version of Magic Johnson, with his no-look passes.

Link

Collector of Bison Homecoming pins - Buy or Trade

HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION BATMAN!

Cool beans though. Nice to see people stick around the area.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo