Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU game

Default Re: SDSU game

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel
    "It's a good start," SDSU freshmen Gilbert said. "We started at home, and we'll just go from there. We have a big game at NDSU, and I expect to win all the rest of our games. I really do."

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...46/1002/SPORTS
    Did this guy just say what I think he said??
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator

Hey who knows. After the 14th maybe they will win out ;D

Didn't you see the "Insert thumbtack here to pin to NDSU locker room bulletin board" at the top of the article?
    ;D
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

basketballer Guest

I can't believe the nerve of some players. Thinking they can actually win the games on their schedule. That takes some balls. I think a more appropriate quote would have been "I really hope we can go .500 on the rest of the season. I know that theres several games we don't have a chance at". Thats the kind of player that NDSU opponents should have. One that know they have no chance to win against NDSU, EVER.

Seriously, what do you guys expect? I bet every almost every basketball player in this country has the expectation of winning all of the games on their schedule. If you don't expect to win, why are you even playing? Just forfit and use the time to practice for the games you can win. I bet the players in the Bison locker room have the same expectation of winning the rest of their games. I guess thats realistic though, because its the bison, but when a bison opponet says that, their talking smack. Makes sense to me.

somebison Guest

Quote Originally Posted by basketballer

I can't believe the nerve of some players. *Thinking they can actually win the games on their schedule.
    He didn't say they can win them, he said they would a little difference there. They also have 10 road games still to play, to say they will win them all is a bit of at strech considering they are currently 4-11, 0-6 on the road. I think SDSU is better than their record, but it is stupid for Jackrabbit player to say they will win the rest of their games.

basketballer Guest

He didn't say they can win them, he said they would a little difference there. They also have 10 road games still to play, to say they will win them all is a bit of at strech considering they are currently 4-11, 0-6 on the road. I think SDSU is better than their record, but it is stupid for Jackrabbit player to say they will win the rest of their games.

So you want a jackrabbit player to say that they are going to lose games that they haven't played yet? Should he try to pick the games that he knows they are going to lose? If I'm a coach, and one of my players doesn't think that he can win a game before the opening tip off has even occured, he doesn't need to be going on that trip at all. In fact, he doesn't even need to continue in my program. I don't see whats so wrong with saying "we'll win the rest of our games". If he says " I think/hope we can win the rest of the games" then you know that he doesn't really believe it because if he really believes it than he will say "I will win the rest of the games". If your so concerned about it, then why don't you email tim miles and ask him which games he is going to lose for the rest of this season? What do you think he'll say? He'll say we are going to do our best to win all of them. Are the bison going to go into wisconsin knowing that they are going to lose? No. They'll go in with an attitude of "we can win this game". I think that is more unrealistic than SDSU finishing with an undefeated record, but that doesn't mean theres anything wrong with it, or that NDSU is talking smack about Wisconsin, it means that they want to try their best to get a win, like they should, and like Gilbert was saying in his quote.

He didn't say they can win them, he said they would a little difference there. *They also have 10 road games still to play, to say they will win them all is a bit of at strech considering they are currently 4-11, 0-6 on the road. *I think SDSU is better than their record, but it is stupid for Jackrabbit player to say they will win the rest of their games.
    I know we're on the road a bunch and don't have the best record, but which one of these is not winnable?

Jan. 14 North Dakota State Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m. *(8-8 )
    Jan. 18 Central Florida Orlando, Fla. 7 p.m. ET *(6-6)
    Jan. 25 Idaho State Pocatello, Idaho 7 p.m. MT (7-6)
    Jan. 27 Utah State Logan, Utah 7:05 p.m. MT *(9-4)
    Jan. 30 Utah Valley State Orem, Utah 7:05 p.m. MT (6-10)
    Feb. 2 Southwest Minnesota State Frost Arena 7 p.m. *(7-7)
    Feb. 6 IPFW Frost Arena 7 p.m. *(4-11)
    Feb. 11 Texas-Pan American Frost Arena 7 p.m. *(2-13)
    Feb. 13 Middle Tennessee State Murfreesboro, Tenn. 7 p.m. *
    Feb. 18 North Dakota State Frost Arena 7 p.m. *(8-8 )
    Feb. 22 IPFW Fort Wayne, Ind. 8 p.m. ET *(4-11)
    Feb. 25 Texas-Pan American Edinburg, Texas 1:30 p.m. *(2-13)
    Mar. 3 San Diego State (Calif.) San Diego, Calif. 7 p.m. (8-6)
    Mar. 5 Cal State Fullerton Fullerton, Calif. 2:05 p.m. PT (8-4)

NDSU, the D1 Mecca.

somebison Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

I know we're on the road a bunch and don't have the best record, but which one of these is not winnable?

Jan. 14 North Dakota State Fargo, N.D. 7 p.m. *(8-8 )
    Jan. 18 Central Florida Orlando, Fla. 7 p.m. ET *(6-6)
    Jan. 25 Idaho State Pocatello, Idaho 7 p.m. MT (7-6)
    Jan. 27 Utah State Logan, Utah 7:05 p.m. MT *(9-4)
    Jan. 30 Utah Valley State Orem, Utah 7:05 p.m. MT (6-10)
    Feb. 2 Southwest Minnesota State Frost Arena 7 p.m. *(7-7)
    Feb. 6 IPFW Frost Arena 7 p.m. *(4-11)
    Feb. 11 Texas-Pan American Frost Arena 7 p.m. *(2-13)
    Feb. 13 Middle Tennessee State Murfreesboro, Tenn. 7 p.m. *
    Feb. 18 North Dakota State Frost Arena 7 p.m. *(8-8 )
    Feb. 22 IPFW Fort Wayne, Ind. 8 p.m. ET *(4-11)
    Feb. 25 Texas-Pan American Edinburg, Texas 1:30 p.m. *(2-13)
    Mar. 3 San Diego State (Calif.) San Diego, Calif. 7 p.m. (8-6)
    Mar. 5 Cal State Fullerton Fullerton, Calif. 2:05 p.m. PT (8-4)

Re-read his quote he said " I expect to win all the rest of our games. I really do"

He did NOT say I think we CAN win the rest of our games

So the better question may be which one of these games are "losable" for SDSU, apparently none according Gilbert

jack100 Guest

Ask any player on the Bison BB team or your beloved Bison football team - they would say the same thing. There is no issue here. There would be an issue - if Gilbert said that the Bison suck and SDSU is a much better team so that will be an easy win.

basketballer Guest

Re-read his quote he said " I expect to win all the rest of our games. I really do"

He did NOT say I think we CAN win the rest of our games

So the better question may be which one of these games are "losable" for SDSU, apparently none according Gilbert

Whats wrong with expecting a victory. If you didn't expect to win, then again, you shouldn't be playing the game.

Would it have made you happy if Gilbert had said "We're going into the NDSU game thinking its very losable for us." Seriously, all you guys do is talk about you're better D-I competition, and then when someone else talks like they want to win a competiton you get upset. Go back to D-II if you want every team you play to go into their games with thinking they are going to lose. Most good D-I teams won't.