Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Recruit Tidbit

Default Re: 2007 Recruit Tidbit

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver
    *One thing I noticed was how big and built Josh Vaughn was.

Just wait with Vaughn. The kid will be an immediate impact player next year and will push Mike Nelson for playing time.

Nothing against Nelson at all, Vaughn is just apparently "that good".

I wonder what year Miles will bring the freshman in and not redshirt them? I would assume that both Tviedt and Coleman will redshirt next year.

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico

I wonder what year Miles will bring the freshman in and not redshirt them? *I would assume that both Tviedt and Coleman will redshirt next year.
    The year we are playoff eligible.

Bison_Dan Guest

It would be nice if Tim can find a 6-10 wide body with this group of young men.

TaTonka_31 Guest

Just wait with Vaughn. *The kid will be an immediate impact player next year and will push Mike Nelson for playing time.

I wonder what year Miles will bring the freshman in and not redshirt them? *I would assume that both Tviedt and Coleman will redshirt next year.
    I hope Vaughn can contribute, they can sure use another good all-purpose guard. As it looks now with Hahn's departure with his 23 minutes per game and the fact that Woodside, Nelson and Winkleman all played 30 minutes plus this year, there are plenty of minutes to be had for the four of them.

As valuable as Hahn was this season, he really was a specalist with ball handling and spot-up three point shooting. Another all-purpose guard that can play some defense, rebound, score some off the dribble as well as contribute what Phil brought to the table will help this team a lot.

As always when it comes to freshman, you never really know what you have though until you throw them into fire.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just wait with Vaughn. *The kid will be an immediate impact player next year and will push Mike Nelson for playing time.

Miles said last night on the basketball show, that he is leaving the decision about redshirting up to the student-athletes, because of the transitional period. So I guess it will be up to Tveidt and Coleman.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Miles said on the basketball show last night that the decision to redshirt will be made by the individual freshman recruits. He is allowing this process during the transitional process.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Dan
    It would be nice if Tim can find a 6-10 wide body with this group of young men. *
    I'm sure Miles along with every other college basketball coach in the country would like this...at our level if we are to get 6'10" recruits they are most likely going to be works in progress like the two sitting on SDSU's bench this year as redshirts. *Both need to put about 40 pounds on and develop to the level of the d1 game. *We will see how they look next fall...
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Feed em burgers and Budweiser Select .
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Gamehunter Guest

Anybody know if the class of Sussenguth, Vaughn, Pennick, etc, is as good as the fab 5? How do they match up? Sounds like Vaughn is the real deal.

Gamehunter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Dan
    It would be nice if Tim can find a 6-10 wide body with this group of young men.
    Brian Qvale

we have as good a shot at him as anyone.