Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mid-Con basketball schedule posted

Default Re: Mid-Con basketball schedule posted

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBlogger
    [quote author=B1SON link=1158943978/15#26 date=1159421916]The ONLY way the Mid Con is going to be represented in the NCAA's next year is by the conference tournament champion. *We will get no at large bids. *If the regulasr season champs get beat in that tournament, they will not be selescted to play in the NCAA's (thats just reality), so under the new rule, they will get an auto bid to the NIT. *So, in my eyes, that has everything to do with the conference tournament.

I guess you are correct if NDSU would be eligible for the NCAA next season (2007-2008). *But for next year anyway, since they will not be in the conference tournament but are eligible to compete for the regular season championship, NDSU would get the automatic bid if they win the Regular Season. *I don't know how much plainer that could be. *

But if you read my last sentence in my previous post, in any normal situation with all teams eligible for the NCAA, if the Regular Season Champ also wins the Conference Tourament, there would not be an NIT automatic bid out of that conference. [/quote]

You said it, it can't get much plainer than that. In a normal season, it has A LOT to do with the conference tournament.

TaTonka_31 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by B1SON
    [quote author=BisonBlogger link=1158943978/15#27 date=1159455258][quote author=B1SON link=1158943978/15#26 date=1159421916]The ONLY way the Mid Con is going to be represented in the NCAA's next year is by the conference tournament champion. *We will get no at large bids. *If the regulasr season champs get beat in that tournament, they will not be selescted to play in the NCAA's (thats just reality), so under the new rule, they will get an auto bid to the NIT. *So, in my eyes, that has everything to do with the conference tournament.

I guess you are correct if NDSU would be eligible for the NCAA next season (2007-2008). *But for next year anyway, since they will not be in the conference tournament but are eligible to compete for the regular season championship, NDSU would get the automatic bid if they win the Regular Season. *I don't know how much plainer that could be. *

But if you read my last sentence in my previous post, in any normal situation with all teams eligible for the NCAA, if the Regular Season Champ also wins the Conference Tourament, there would not be an NIT automatic bid out of that conference. [/quote]

You said it, it can't get much plainer than that. *In a normal season, it has A LOT to do with the conference tournament.
    [/quote]

Only if the same team win both.

No, if one team wins the regular season but loses in the conference tourney, then they get an auto bid to the NIT assuming they do not get an at large bid. So it has a lot to do with the conference tourney, in that a team would have to win the regualr season and lose in the conference tourney for the rule to take effect.

TaTonka_31 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by B1SON
    No, if one team wins the regular season but loses in the conference tourney, then they get an auto bid to the NIT assuming they do not get an at large bid. *So it has a lot to do with the conference tourney, in that a team would have to win the regualr season and lose in the conference tourney for the rule to take effect. *
    I think we are saying the same thing. You are right in your last post. But in NDSU's case next season, the conference tourney has no effect on them. If they win the regular season they get the NIT bid. Can we both agree on that statement.

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Woodie was cleared two days ago and is back in the games. Looking great. He can carry the team. can't wait to see the depth on this team this year.

tcbison Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker
    Woodie was cleared two days ago and is back in the games. *Looking great. *He can carry the team. * can't wait to see the depth on this team this year.
    Thanks for the info! I think Josh Vaughn will have a big impact this year. Lunde will also be playing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBlogger
    [quote author=B1SON link=1158943978/30#32 date=1159507433]No, if one team wins the regular season but loses in the conference tourney, then they get an auto bid to the NIT assuming they do not get an at large bid. *So it has a lot to do with the conference tourney, in that a team would have to win the regualr season and lose in the conference tourney for the rule to take effect. *
    I think we are saying the same thing. *You are right in your last post. *But in NDSU's case next season, the conference tourney has no effect on them. *If they win the regular season they get the NIT bid. Can we both agree on that statement. *
    [/quote]

Agreed!

land_grant_bison Guest

I'm starting to get pumped for the season. I don't think it will take very many years before we become familiar with the mid-con; two or more games a year against opponents and you'll probably start to know their names. With the renovation of the arena, year end tourney, and familiar foes these upcoming seasons have the potential to be awesome!! Also I think we should recruit a big center not so much height wise but weight; I can just imagine it now: woody strokin the three while the big man down low just dominates the paint getting rebounds and swating shots.