Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New RECRUITS

Default New RECRUITS

The basketball team had a recruit at the football game. Tall kid out of Pierre,SD. I guess he is a great player. Anyone know anything ? I didn'T GET HIS NAME.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Default Re: New RECRUITS

I believe you're talking about 6'7" Michael Tveidt. He played for the Dakota Schoolers this past summer and is supposed to be a decent player although I have not seen him in person.

NDSU has evidently showed interest in two South Dakota kids 6'7 Michael Tveidt of Pierre and 6'7 Anthony Cordova of Sioux Falls Roosevelt. Cordova has verbally committed to SDSU and Tveidt who's parents are both SDSU grads is considering a number of mid-major programs. The Jacks are out of scholarships for next year with committments from Cordova and Thomas Bassett of Iowa. I have seen Tveidt play and he is a good basketball player and 6'7 reciever on the Pierre football team.

I guess his older brother goes to NDSU. Thanks for the info.

HoopScoop (Van Coleman) released his top 970 SRs in the country list this month, something I always find interesting. Anyway, those of there of interest, Cameron Rundles of Minneapolis DeLaSalle who the Bison offerred and recently committed to Montana is at 337, Chop Tang of Mankato East and Howard Pulley is at 355, Deonte Roberts of St. Bernard's of St. Paul is at 382, Michael Tveidt of Pierre who has NDSU in his final 2 with UW-Milwaukee is at 436, Andy Polka of Oshkosh who NDSU was recruiting and has verballed to Loyola is at 657, and that is about all I can pick out of the players of interest. The rankings are certainly not the Bible, but interesting to look at nonetheless.

Michael Tviedt verbals to NDSU over UW-Milwaukee. A very good get.

BisonMav Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D
    Michael Tviedt verbals to NDSU over UW-Milwaukee. *A very good get.
    Thanks D

Any other verbals on the men or womens side yet?

BISON_PRIDE Guest

A little info on Michael Tveidt from another board. *He's a good all around athlete.

http://p066.ezboard.com/fscufanscomf...icID=385.topic

Here's an all-around view on not only basketball, but also on NDSU's transition to D-I. It is great for the football program because (as much as I hate saying this) the Bison were a perennial D2 powerhouse, and it shouldn't take long for them to start competing for the playoffs in D-IAA. Saying that, I think it's too bad that a school cannot go DI in just one sport. This kills every sport other than football. The NDSU women's basketball team were always solid year in and year out, but now will perennially struggle to have a winning record. Same will be said for UND if/when they decide to make the transition.