Thread: New Rule

NanoBison Guest

Default New Rule

Can we enact a rule that each user (or I.P. address) can only have ONE username associated with it ???

:-?

Default Re: New Rule

It's not the number of alternate names that is the problem - it is how these alternate user names are being used (circumventing bans, hijacking threads, and spamming). Spamming is a violation of the user agreement so I've banned the user name "L D Loftsgard" - besides, that choice of user names was just plain tacky.

In any event, if another spamming incident happens, I'll ban the IP address responsible - even though that could end up affecting a whole lot of people who are not inconsiderate spam monkeys. Due to the nature of the internet, there are very few options available to me.

I'd like to thank everybody by not making it worse by responding to the spammer's posts.

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NanoBison
    Can we enact a rule that each user (or I.P. address) can only have ONE username associated with it ???

make that two at least. Me and my wife both have a username, although she doesn't post much at all.

BisonMav Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook
    [quote author=NanoBison link=1153462503/0#0 date=1153462503]Can we enact a rule that each user (or I.P. address) can only have ONE username associated with it ???

make that two at least. Me and my wife both have a username, although she doesn't post much at all.[/quote]

Me and my wife and 13 kids all have id's

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Dobie
    [quote author=Swaghook link=1153462503/0#2 date=1153509156][quote author=NanoBison link=1153462503/0#0 date=1153462503]Can we enact a rule that each user (or I.P. address) can only have ONE username associated with it ???

make that two at least. Me and my wife both have a username, although she doesn't post much at all.[/quote]

Me and my wife and 13 kids all have id's *[/quote]
    And you all have the same exact thought process and writing technique, right?
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope

Wilhelm_Klink_1972 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBisonToo
    [quote author=Gil Dobie link=1153462503/0#3 date=1153518026][quote author=Swaghook link=1153462503/0#2 date=1153509156][quote author=NanoBison link=1153462503/0#0 date=1153462503]Can we enact a rule that each user (or I.P. address) can only have ONE username associated with it ???

Me and my wife and 13 kids all have id's *[/quote]
    And you all have the same exact thought process and writing technique, right? [/quote]
    El correcto mundo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!