Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Downtown Campus

insane_ponderer Guest

Default Re: New College of Business Downtown

I think a major factor in all of this was the closing of Ralph's in Moorhead. It was a sad thing, but the bands definitely spread out and now there are a lot of bars that now are offering live music.

Default Re: New College of Business Downtown

New owner at the NESTOR AND IS JOINING teamakers.+++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

IowaBison Guest

Default Re: DOWNTOWN CAMPUS PLANS!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about this. More exciting news but do they risk losing something by splitting up campus this much...it's one thing to have art type folks downtown but Agribusiness? What will they do with Morril hall?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

IowaBison Guest

Feel good about it.

Agribusiness was originally slatted to move into the new COB.

I'm sure Morrill will be torn down.

(just kidding)

In addition to remodeling the six-story Pioneer building, NDSU will add an education wing with classrooms, an atrium area and a two-story auditorium.

Also planned is an open area between the two buildings to give it a campus feeling.

533 In a row

I don't like the COB being downtown.....and I would hate to see Morrill go....Morrill is an institution and those old buildings give the campus a lot of character......

insane_ponderer Guest

No offense Wyo, but those old buildings also take up a lot of room, are constantly in need of repairs, have outdated technology...etc. etc.

I love the way some of them look, and some of them can be remodeled, upgraded and continue to serve the students well, but I think keeping a building around just because of tradition and character may not be the best idea.

All in all its a good problem to have, it means the campus is growing and improving and it just means we have to make decisions on how to expand efficiently while keeping the asthetic value and tradition of the campus at its high level.

Also, I am a big fan of the downtown campus and how it is growing. The only thing that I am concerned with is the transportation, I really hope that the campus steps up with ample parking and free shuttle service too and from main campus to downtown.

NorthDakotaBison was kidding about Morrill Hall. I think it was built in the 20's and is going to be there for many more decades.

533 In a row

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just to add onto what Roadwarrior said, they were looking for more space downtown for the design etc. department (?) for the Architecture Building. They were asked to see the Lincoln Mutual Building. Noridian also owned the Pioneer Mutual Building. They put a hell of a package together just to get out from under those 2 buildings. The Pioneer Building actually looks like a business building. What they have is 2 structurally sound buildings on 2 city blocks with 400 parking spaces. They won't have 400 because of the addition though. The price of the proposed business building had gone up from 13M to almost 17M plus 1.5M to get steam to the building. This whole package won't be that expensive. Hopefully this change in direction will give some Momentum to the fundraising of this project.