Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Downtown Campus

Default Re: NDSU Downtown vs. SBoHE

I can't say myself whether or not the move downtown will be good for the bisoness students, but I do know that it has been an awesome move for the art and architecture students. When I was speaking before, I was talking about art and architecture, not business. Maybe business will be different, I don't know.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    You can disagree with NDSU's decision to move the college downtown while at the same time rejoicing that people who sincerely want what's best for NDSU were able to make it rather than having everything micro-mismanaged by Legislature. After all, it was these stalwart defenders of the public good who sat around with thumbs up their asses while buildings literally fell apart at NDSU.
    Well said Tony++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Hehe, I have a new plan:

1. Move the College of Business downtown.
    2: ???
    3: Profit!!!

Did I mention that I went to the Underpants Gnomes College of Business Plan Making? I'm guessing the only thing that point 2 could be is "Wait until property values skyrocket in downtown Fargo and then sell and use the Profit!!! to rebuild on campus. I have commenced holding my breath.

In case the underpants gnomes have not been referenced enough on bisonville, here is a linkie to explain all: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underpants_Gnomes

BTW, the Spectrum has an article about this: Linkie. However, you can read the almost identical story Here at Bismarck Tribune. I'm thinking the Spectrum better change that byline to give the AP credit.

Anyway, the reason I am bringing this up, is that according the Spectrum piece, "An open forum will be held at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 18 in Loftsgard 114 addressing the college of agribusiness and applied economics downtown."

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats
    Saved alot of money and like many have said as NDSU grows they can build the on campus building for the College of Business but this works quite well for the time being. It also opens up the after work evening opportunities for working people to take classes and earn their MBA.

Everybody on here seems to think NDSU has this big huge spicket that they can turn on anytime they want and the money will just pour out. Hey let's build a new arena off the FargoDome, let's build a new building on campus for the College of Business when their is an option that is financially better and also better for the City of Fargo, let's think about building a new football stadium that seats 30,000, let's build build build. Turn on that spicket and watch that money run.
    and you try to continually inform everyone that money doesn't grow on tree's : : and we all laugh happily ever after ;D ;D

kchats Guest

I thought I told you it came out of a spicket. I don't remember mentioning trees.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think tree's were in the first 50 somewhere :-)

kchats Guest

If your pipes are big enough you can get more money out of a spicket. The way some talk on here money that grows on trees wouldn't be enough to cover all the honey dews. :

Default NDSU downtown shut down

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/rss.cfm?id=193018

With the college shootings why would someone bring a gun even if it is a toy into a college building. Doesn't sound like the guy was a pillar of society. I guess we will find out more info later on.

Default Re: NDSU downtown shut down

I just arrived at the downtown building. I was supposed to have a painting class critique at 2pm, and I was surprised that the doors were locked, and I had to use my card to get in. I was surprised when I heard about it just a few minutes ago when I saw cops in the lobby. They're letting students with card access in the building now, so I'm actually in the building. The real scary shit is that guy was walking around the building last night in the middle of the night, at the EXACT SAME TIME I was in the 3rd floor painting studio finishing my project between about 12pm and 6am. I thought something might have been up when one of the night security guys was walking around the floors late last night and I ran into him a couple times, wondering why he was walking around instead of sitting at the front desk like he usually does.

In either case, it's good to know everything's fine now.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Default Re: NDSU downtown shut down

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    I just arrived at the downtown building. I was supposed to have a painting class critique at 2pm, and I was surprised that the doors were locked, and I had to use my card to get in. I was surprised when I heard about it just a few minutes ago when I saw cops in the lobby. They're letting students with card access in the building now, so I'm actually in the building. The real scary shit is that guy was walking around the building last night in the middle of the night, at the EXACT SAME TIME I was in the 3rd floor painting studio finishing my project between about 12pm and 6am. I thought something might have been up when one of the night security guys was walking around the floors late last night and I ran into him a couple times, wondering why he was walking around instead of sitting at the front desk like he usually does.

In either case, it's good to know everything's fine now.
    I would think we should take some sense of calm in the fact that in your case the Security Guard was checking it out, and this morning a Janitor reported it to Security, who alerted police.

Is is enough? If the guy this morning was carrying a pistol and meant to do harm at that time he would have been in the building. I would guess this will induce added security to the building. Access cards photo ids etc.

Times are changing.