Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Downtown Campus

max_cool Guest

Default Re: DOWNTOWN CAMPUS PLANS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cabis
    Anything that fractures your student body, fractures your alumni, fractures future giving and fractures the long term viability of your institution. Not a good idea in my opinion.

Just wanted to add that Arizona State now has 1,2,3,4,5 yes 5 campuses accross the Phoenix metro area (note they will all soon be renamed to just ASU, not ASU - Mesa or something), the main one being in Tempe, then Glendale/Mesa/Downtown and a research/development area in Scottsdale. The school is not feeling many ill effects, the downtown students are a little upset since it's a new campus and there isn't too much "student life" there, but give it a little time. If you would like to read up on this a little more I would suggest our president's (Michael Crow) essay titled The New American University.

The only thing I don't like is that he wants every student that graduates highschool in AZ to be admitted to ASU if they apply, this lowers the prestige of the university and makes students believe that they can be successful in a world class university that attracts some of the best students from accross the country when many just won't be able to keep up. I think it's shady to take money from these kids knowing that they will more likely than not, fail or drop out, leaving them in an even worse situation.

well, I sure went off topic now didn't I!?!

--edit--
    I actually dropped out of NDSU because I had been there 3 years "working" on a CompSci degree but realised that I just wasn't interested in CompSci which is why I was doing so terribly academically. So I moved to Phoenix and now I'm an A student at ASU studying PolySci and Italian.

IowaBison Guest

hence the joke, her pants are easier to get into than Arizona State!

The City of Fargo and NDSU are committed to provided whatever level of bus service is necessary for the transport of students from the downtown campus to the main campus.

533 In a row

IowaBison Guest

I would replace the word 'committed' to 'happier-than-heck-to'

I've heard ten minute headway between buses, maybe less.

insane_ponderer Guest

Default NDSU Downtown vs. SBoHE

North Dakota State University ignored the Legislature's explicit directions when it bought two downtown Fargo buildings last year for its business college and architecture department, senators say.

Sen. Randy Christmann, R-Hazen, described the action as "repulsive," while Sen. Joel Heitkamp, D-Hankinson, said it went "to the heart and soul" of legislators' misgivings about the budget authority that lawmakers have ceded to the state university system.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/artic...ate/131026.txt

Does anyone else think that some of the SBoHE memebers have their heads so far up their asses they can't see the sun?

Default Re: NDSU Downtown vs. SBoHE

Gee, I wonder what university those two legislators graduated from... :
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Wow, Joel Heitcamp trying to drag NDSU through the mud. :

What actually was shocking was his co-workers making fun of him on KFGO-AM today on this issue.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

kchats Guest

Must be time for a few idiots to drum up another political attack on NDSU. We had the Potts thing that they blew completely out of proportion last year and now this idiotic attack.

Everything and everything I have read about the downtown campus has been positive.

I laughed when I first read the story. *It sounds like the state board and legislature told NDSU that it had to build a new building on the main campus. *It just so happens that was the plan that NDSU presented to the board a couple of years ago for approval. *Yes, things have changed. *They found a different option that would cost less money and provide more space than if the new building was built. *In other words, anybody that is bitching about this now, is bitching about NDSU being prudent with their money.

Oh, and the kicker: total amount of taxpayer's money = $0.00

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by G-city Bison Fan
    North Dakota State University ignored the Legislature's explicit directions when it bought two downtown Fargo buildings last year for its business college and architecture department, senators say.

Sen. Randy Christmann, R-Hazen, described the action as "repulsive," while Sen. Joel Heitkamp, D-Hankinson, said it went "to the heart and soul" of legislators' misgivings about the budget authority that lawmakers have ceded to the state university system.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/artic...ate/131026.txt

Does anyone else think that some of the SBoHE memebers have their heads so far up their asses they can't see the sun?

Christman is an NDSU grad.