Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Downtown Campus

Default NDSU Downtown Campus

If anyone wants to see how the progress is going on the NDSU Downtown campus, here's a link to a webcam that NDSU setup- nothing much yet, but should be stuff going on in the next couple months.

http://facilities-mgmt.ndsu.nodak.edu/maint_const/

You might be prompted about downloading and running some"Axis View" program or something like that, depending on your security settings. It's safe and allows you to view the webcam on top of the Fargo Fire Department building.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Default Architecture program looks to relocate downtown

That is, the WHOLE architecture department. As a current architecture student at NDSU, this is obviously something that has personally piqued my interest.

NDSU considers expansion
    By Mike Nowatzki,The Forum
    Published Friday, December 10, 2004

Having just opened its new downtown campus in August, North Dakota State University is already looking to expand its presence in Fargo's historic district.

Another downtown building could become home to NDSU's entire architecture department by next fall if the school can secure funding, officials said Thursday.

NDSU has taken particular interest in the former Center for New Americans building at 720 Main Ave.

The 13,000-square-foot building is owned by Mark Richman of Coldwell Banker's commercial division. Leases on the building expired within the past couple of months and negotiations are under way with two or three parties, Richman said.

"We're sure visiting with them," he said of NDSU.

More of the article at: http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...p;section=news
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Default Re: Architecture program looks to relocate downtow

8) 8) 8)
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

I'm wondering if they could build a skyway over the railroad tracks connecting the two buildings. And with the completion of that big parking ramp they're supposed to build as part of that new arena development to the east of the current downtown building, it could truly be a "mini-campus".
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

JBB Guest

That would be a long skyway with no other buildings between, but Im sure it could be done. Thats the corner buildilng that began life as a bank. Whomever came up with the idea to convert existing downtown buildings should get some kind of award. Its helping revitalize, renew and of best of all is saving tens of millions in capital investment.

IowaBison Guest

I think the skyway is a BAD idea. Make the kids walk, get them out on the streets of Downtown Fargo.

I think that ideas/moves like this have to make most of Fargo pretty damn happy.

I do think that the university should ask the city for $40 million to build it though.

I do like the idea of growth at NDSU, but how convenient is it to have a program located off-campus like that?

Good, get those fancy drawing boys out of the way to the real engineers can get to business.

IowaBison Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN
    I do like the idea of growth at NDSU, but how convenient is it to have a program located off-campus like that?
    They actually have very convenient and free busing that runs from campus to downtown every fifteen minutes.

The more I think about a downtown campus, the more I like it. I used to think NDSU should have a "Dinkytown" type deal but didn't like the idea of separating the campus from town that much. Besides, why set up a whole new business center to compete with existing North Dakota business when we already have a woefully underutilized area in the downtown already? Kind of like killing two birds with one stone.