Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engineering students win 3rd national title

somebison Guest

Default Re: Engineering students win 3rd national title

Congratulations to the Steel Bridge team! It's nice to finally see something like this get some recognition in the Forum as well!
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

A different perspective:

UC Davis Angle

Bison_Dan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka
    Congratulations to the Steel Bridge team! *It's nice to finally see something like this get some recognition in the Forum as well!
    The Forum sucks when it comes to informing it's readers about all the rewards that the engineering school receives. It gives lip service on page 13 and little else. If the school up North would have received that award it would have been front page and 10 times longer. ???

IowaBison Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    A different perspective:

UC Davis Angle
    great post, i too missed the part in the forum article where they referred to NDSU as a perrenial powerhouse

Herd_Mentality Guest

Well this is the same paper that dedicated 3/4 of the front page to the Shania Twain Concert on Sunday when Saturday was a pretty newsworthy day. I was pretty shocked that the arrest of the suspect in the Dahlquist murder only made page A24.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality
    Well this is the same paper that dedicated 3/4 of the front page to the Shania Twain Concert on Sunday when Saturday was a pretty newsworthy day. *I was pretty shocked that the arrest of the suspect in the Dahlquist murder only made page A24.
    No kidding. They didn't even run a picture of Shania in the Bison jersey or mention that it raised over $1,000 for the Great Plains Food Bank -http://gobison.jumpinteractive.com/n...ex.cgi?id=1257
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

IowaBison Guest

i thought shania wearing the bison jersey with the number 1 on it was great, though i'd also pay to see a picture of george jones drunk wearing UND jersey with 'DII' on it

Back to the topic- Being called a powerhouse by a school as academically strong as UCD is quite the compliment.

Where was the *cough* biggest engineering department between Minneapolis and the west coast? :
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

One more on the Shania topic, was there a picture of Shania in the Bison jersey? I'd love to see the faces on my co-workers from other schools if that were on my desktop.

SU engineering students winning again doesn't surprise me, but the school doesn't get the recognition is deserves for all the engineering accomplishments there are. The lack of support always amazes me.