Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (near) future of NDSU facilities

Bisonfan1234 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default (near) future of NDSU facilities

Everything related to football is in the Fargodome, which install new fieldturf.

The BSA gets a new brick exterior and new permanent seats all around the court.

Dacotah stands are gone. Unused space is turned into parking. Bubble is put over field so the surface can be used in winter. New fieldturf is installed. Indoor track can set up or take down new banked indoor oval and 55m dash track ala Idaho State. Other sports can practice under the space in the winter as well.

Tennis courts are resurfaced and used by NDSU women's tennis team for practice. One competition court is added with permanent seats on one side.

All other facilities remain the same.

Anyone think of anything else?

Default Re: (near) future of NDSU facilities

- If the FargoDome won't bother to freshen up the paint job on the logos in the end zone, it's really doubtful that they'll allow NDSU to put in new turf (especially as the new stuff is, well, new).

- I sure like the idea of a brick exterior on the BSA.

- Yeah, one way of another, the stands will probably be gone from Dacotah. It might look cheesy to have meets in a bubble... I'd like to see the bubble, but while they're great for practice, it'd be pretty cheesy to use them for events. If NDSU buys the modular indoor track, they move the track from the bubble to FargoDome for meets... all depends on what they do to the seating at the BSA.

- Definitely have to do something for the tennis courts.

I think the key thing for the BSA, besides getting it ship-shape, is redoing the basketball seating.

Good post, BisonFan1234.

I heard last year part of the BSA remodel plan is to have permanent seating enclose the floor.

I'm somewhat interested in what the "other sports besides basketball" that NDSU might want to have in the Fargodome. Wrestling against a Big 10 opponent would qualify, but what else???

Also of note, if the BSA remodel is slated at between $8MM and $16MM for renovation, what all are they going to do?
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Would it be more cost effective to tear down the BSA and build new? I am not sure what the plans include but maybe this is the plan (tear down and build new)
    A human fart can be louder THAN A TUBA, I discovered that at my daughters school concert.

IowaBison Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy
    I heard last year part of the BSA remodel plan is to have permanent seating enclose the floor.

I'm somewhat interested in what the "other sports besides basketball" that NDSU might want to have in the Fargodome. Wrestling against a Big 10 opponent would qualify, but what else???

Also of note, if the BSA remodel is slated at between $8MM and $16MM for renovation, what all are they going to do?
    wrestling against anybody will be a poorly attended event, if you get more than 2,000 i'd be absolutely stunned

i was at the iowa-iowa state match earlier this year, one of the best attended duals in the nation, and i don't think they broke three grand

the dome would be empty

Did Inniger say something about other sports beyond basketball? If NDSU buys a modular track, the FargoDome would work pretty good for a track meet... heck it'd be a cool place to have the state indoor too.

The only other sports I can think of that would work in the Dome are volleyball, tennis, and equestrian... and those last two would require a bit of setup.

There was something about "sports other than basketbal in the Fargodomel' mentioned somewhere- could have been Inniger on the radio (don't think so), one of The Forum articles(maybe), or one of the Fargdome committee members on the news last night (most likely)-

I just remember my ears perking up after that. ;D
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

IowaBison Guest

I think it would work for bball if the crowd was large enough

heck with $16 million bucks what couldn't you do in the Dome?

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy

That's one thing that's always bothered me about the proposed remodel of the BSA, that being there's no plans for what the remodeled BSA will look like. I think it might be easier to get donations if you could show people what the refurbished building looks like.

NDSU has not yet publicly started the fund drive for the BSA and other projects. I am pretty sure more than one variation of what needs to be done to the BSA has been discussed. One of the reasons NDSU is trying to get an answer from the Fargodome regarding football facilities is to finalize the plans for the BSA. I have heard that they will have a presentation of the plans when the fund drive starts publicly.

533 In a row