Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Title IX??

Default Title IX??

Just wondering - if NDSU has added 27 full FB scholarships in 2 years, are we still in Title IX compliance? How many womens scholarships have we added in that time? I can't think of that many. Are we one whacko-feminist away from ncaa problems?

Default Re: Title IX??

NDSU has already been through a Title IX compliance complaint, so I am sure the administration is well aware of the possible issues of the additional scholarships.

533 In a row

greenandgold01 Guest

I think with NDSU being an Ag Science and Engineering school, mostly guys attend.

That should help some with T9.

Roadwarrior is right about NDSU dealing with a Title IX complaint. In fact, the resolution of the complaint and the increased funding for women's sports at NDSU was a major catalyst in pushing women's athletics to the dominance they enjoyed in D2. The administration will be very careful to be in compliance with Title IX.

First, I really don't care for the term "whacko-feminist." Name calling does not help matters; it just gets people angry and clouds their reason.

Second, as far as I know, the NCAA has nothing to do with Title IX - that's a federal regulation.

Third, if a person or persons files a Title IX complaint against NDSU, NDSU is in trouble only if they are found to be violating the rules. The "trouble" would consist of bad publicity and having to change things so that NDSU is once again compliant.

okay how about "sport-deprived person with female genitalia"

better? I appreciate your political correctness!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hager780
    okay *how about "sport-deprived person with female genitalia"

better? *I appreciate your political correctness!!
    And thank you for finally giving some accurate biographical information

Like I told you last week, I ban people for pretending to be NDSU fans.

kchats Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tony

And thank you for finally giving some accurate biographical information *

Like I told you last week, I ban people for pretending to be NDSU fans.
    Get rid of him Tony, he is an aggitator.

If NDSU were to add the scholarships to go I-A, they would have to add women's scholarships, and this would probably mean adding another women's sport.

Wacky idea: Add field hockey, and then petition the Big Ten to be an affiliate member for field hockey. The Big Ten has field hockey. but only seven of the 11 members have field hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodentia
    If NDSU were to add the scholarships to go I-A, they would have to add women's scholarships, and this would probably mean adding another women's sport.

Wacky idea: Add field hockey, and then petition the Big Ten to be an affiliate member for field hockey. *The Big Ten has field hockey. but only seven of the 11 members have field hockey.
    DI-A also requires a minimum of 200 total financial aid counters in athletics.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved