Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Club Hockey

Default NDSU Club Hockey

It appears they're getting the coach from Minot State. Here's a link to the brief article in the Herald.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandf...al/9052382.htm

JBB Guest

Default Re: NDSU Club Hockey

Is he going to coach club hockey? It almost sounds like we are going to play in DIII. I suppose that would be ok. If a DII team can play in DI a DI team should be able to play in DIII?

Brian Wilkie is a tremendous hire by NDSU. I'm from Minot and the way he started the MSU program from scratch and made it into a national contender in the club hockey scene was amazing. It would not suprise me in the least bit if NDSU had a division I hockey team in the near future (at least five years).

I would absolutely love to see NDSU with a DI hockey team. That would be one heck of a great rivalry to get going. Of course by the time NDSU hockey gets up and running, UND will be DI in all sports also. Oh well, we will be starting a new rivalry about the same time as we continue our old rivalry. That will be great!!!

Heck, I must be out of touch.....I though the NDSU Hockey Club died several years ago during some financial problems....what is up??

IowaBison Guest

if we pursue hockey, are we going to be one of the teams that 'try' ?

The club hockey was revived last year. Still just a club - not a part of the NDSU athletic department.

533 In a row

I wonder if wilkie needs a goalie coach. I guess I'll try to contact him after Aug 15.

FYI: Here is the Club Hockey website.

http://www.ndsubisonhockey.com/

It seems to me a lot of these college hockey clubs miss out on a big opportunity to make money. One of the coolest athletic items is the hockey sweater, these guys could sell a ton of those things and make a small fortune.