Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tennis & Swimming and the Mid-Con

Default Tennis & Swimming and the Mid-Con

I was looking at the Mid-Con http://www.mid-con.com/ web page and noticed that they have Tennis and Swimming as sponsored sports. Any word on whether the Bison intend to have either added in the future? I know we used to have swimming back in the 80's.

Proud member of TOHBTC

Default Re: Tennis & Swimming and the Mid-Con

Quote Originally Posted by BisonSig
    I was looking at the Mid-Con http://www.mid-con.com/ web page and noticed that they have Tennis and Swimming as sponsored sports. Any word on whether the Bison intend to have either added in the future? I know we used to have swimming back in the 80's.
    I am certain it was said early on the NDSU would not have to add any sports.

STC_TFA Guest

I do not think we will have to add anything........

Sorry, I guess I meant are we going to be adding?... not do we have to add.
    Proud member of TOHBTC

Jeffdaryl3rd Guest

If we were going to add either one of these sports we would have to spend some money on facilities. We only have a couple crappy tennis courts and I'm guessing we'd have to upgrade our swimming facilities if we were going to support a D-I program. As such, I think we would be unlikely to spend any significant amount of money on new facilities for non-revenue sports at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdaryl3rd
    If we were going to add either one of these sports we would have to spend some money on facilities. We only have a couple crappy tennis courts and I'm guessing we'd have to upgrade our swimming facilities if we were going to support a D-I program. As such, I think we would be unlikely to spend any significant amount of money on new facilities for non-revenue sports at this point.

Will the swimming facitily be upgraded as part of the BSA remodeling?

kchats Guest

I thought I heard they might be fixing the pool up at the BSA because women's swimming and diving is a sport that can be added for gender equity (title IX).

Jeffdaryl3rd Guest

I hadn't thought of the Title IX angle, so maybe they would think about adding swimming and diving. They would have to significantly upgrade the facilities though.

mikelsch Guest

No plans to make the pool bigger or add sports at NDSU

Darn, puts us at a disadvantage to win the Commissioner's Cup http://www.mid-con.com/commissioner/ , which I feel should be a goal for NDSU. After all in for a penny in for a pound.
    Proud member of TOHBTC