Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Sky Stadiums

Default Re: Big Sky Stadiums

Bison_Kent:

Interesting work on the three conference stadiums. One thing though, when you showed WIU's stadium, you should have showed some pictures of the oft used correctional facilities in Macomb as well. Regarding the Gateway Conference, the "Ice Castle" is pretty much the hallmark of the conference. With the Ohio Valley, I believe that EIU's stadium is suppossedly the finest even if capacity is a little low. If you guys were looking at a conference to be competitive at the get go, I would look at the Ohio Valley (I am not knocking your choice of the Big Sky). A few years and you should dominate that conference.

the ralph englestad arena is the best arena ever
    thats what kansas b-ball coach roy willimas said

100 Proof,

To let you know, Northern Iowa used to be the NCC until either the late 70s or early 80s when they moved up to I-AA. So we have history with them. The Ohio Valley is just too far away from anyone school, in my opinion. The Gateway would be my second choice but it is only a football conference so I am not sure finding two conferences is what we want to do.

I am assuming that the Ice Palace is Youngstown State's stadium. It does look nice. It looks like the best in the Gateway. I am not sure E. Illinois is the best in the Ohio Valley. It might be Eastern Kentucky's from what the pictures show.

The Big Sky is just the best fit for NDSU & SDSU as far as rating facilities and caliber of compitation. The NCC was the best Division II football conference. We want to go to the best Division I-AA conference.

Hey Siouxrock:

I could care less about basketball (although that is an impressive quote and I'm sure Ralph Engelstad could buy MANY colleges). Football is the main point of interest for most colleges (especially mine) so either support your football program or just go back to your hockey program. This post is about football stadiums and your post made no sense for this thread. Keep this in mind, although you have a fine athletic program, it is an athletic program in DII. Hockey alone doesn't make you DI.