Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mid Con Expansion??

Default Mid Con Expansion??

Here is an article from the Sheveport Times. Centenary is the newest member of the Mid Con and it is looks like the Mid Con would like to have a travel partner for all its members. This would include Southern Utah. Northern Colorado might be that team.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/html/...2BD71020.shtml

89rabbit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Mid Con Expansion??

I think UNC being added for Southern doesn't hurt SDSU or NDSU because I think the Mid Con is going to go to 12 teams and split East/West. *However, if the Mid-Con wants to add a travel partner for Centenary we will be out unless one of the current members leaves. *Lots of action in the conf. re-alignment arena right now, who knows where the Bison and Jacks will end up. *

Any good rumors coming from Bison land?

Go SDSU!
    Go NDSU!
    South Dakota State University
    Jackrabbits

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics2/...0530015132.jpg

89rabbit,
    over on the "Bison to the Gateway" thread "The Duck" says were all going to the Big 10. I guess we can really start fundraising for our new stadium expansion plans now ;D
    Texas Jack

If "The Duck" says it is so then it must be. I better get my check book out.

Go SDSU!
    Jackrabbits

I don't think UNC would be considered a travel partner for SUU. They aren't exactly with in driving distance of each other, over ten hours according to mapquest.

wfduck Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 89rabbit
    If "The Duck" says it is so then it must be. * I better get my check book out. *

Go SDSU!
    big ten now takes credit cards

That is outstanding news!

Go SDSU!
    Go NDSU!
    Jackrabbits

JBB Guest

Now that the Mid-Con has a commissioner expansion is a possibility. Its possible new schools could be added and some may even leave. UNC would like to get in.

Expansion emphasis is on travel partners so they can get two games for the price of 1 round trip flight and a bus ride. SDSU and NDSU dont help with any of the existing schools, or UNC, but do present a nice travel package.

If no members leave here are some possible pairings and the outlook for NDSU/SDSU.

Western Ill, UMKC, Chicago State, Valpo, Oakland University and IUPUI could be arranged into some kind of travel partners. 5 or 6 hrs max with most trips less.

Its not too big of stretch to pair up Oral Roberts in Tulsa, OK and Centenury in Shreveport, La (7 hrs).

Southern Utah is in Cedar City, the SW end of state. This is the toughest fit. At about 10 hrs, UNC is a tough go. Its closer to Los Angeles, about 7 hrs. San Francisco is about 12 hrs.

I guess if they wanted 12 members they could bring in NDSU and SDSU, about 4 hrs.

12 is nice because you can break into two Div. (East/West) You would play each team in your Div. twice (home & home) every year and you would play each team in the other Div. once (home & home every other year). This would cut down the travel cost big time.

Their has been talk that Denver would like to join, they match up well with UNC and you let Southern Utah go. Their have also been talks of letting Chicago State go and picking up someone new. To many options to worry about right now.

Go SDSU!
    Go NDSU!
    Jackrabbits

JBB Guest

Heres how a Greeley - Cedar City road trip might look:

Fri: Leave Fargo by plan arrive Greeley
    Game: ends and depart 9PM
    Greeley to SLC: 6 hrs
    Sat: Leave SLC 10am arrive Cedar City 2PM
    Game: ends at 9pm fly out of SLC 2am

It just seems unlikely that they would let anyone go unless the member has inquired. Has a conference ever kicked a member out?