Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SDSU AD Oien in some legal trouble

Default SDSU AD Oien in some legal trouble

I just saw this in the Argus Leader. First off, I was shocked the man would do such a thing if true. Second, he was pretty good at taking time to talk to me about SDSU and its conference moves about two months ago.

I wish him well.

http://www.argusleader.com/news/Wednesdayarticle6.shtml

Default Re: SDSU AD Oien in some legal trouble

This is not good news for SDSU. *Too bad. *On the bright side.....it is better than groping a cop in Omaha.....and NDSU bounced back from that with a better AD.

Definetly not the negative press SDSU needs as it ventures forward. A bad reflection on the university and I don't know if the timing could have been worse. It doesn't look good.

Oh yes D the sky is dropping. You lurk around here for any little piece of negativity that you can find. Yes this is not the kind of press we need right now but its a personal situation for Dr. Oien. Our DI movement is beyond one person and we will get through this just fine. Why don't you worry more about how the fate of the NCC and DII.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUY
    Oh yes D the sky is dropping. You lurk around here for any little piece of negativity that you can find. Yes this is not the kind of press we need right now but its a personal situation for Dr. Oien. Our DI movement is beyond one person and we will get through this just fine. Why don't you worry more about how the fate of the NCC and DII.
    You're right, I rip into NDSU and SDSU all of the time here, constantly spewing negativity about each institution and especially their athletic programs. Nothing I wrote was incorrect. Were Entzion and Engelstead's issues private also then? No, none of the 3 problems are private, they are problems that the public should be concerned with. When the head representative of an athletic department is associated in any way with assaulting his wife, true or not, it does not leave a very good image of an athletic department. You can tell yourself it is a private matter until you are blue in the face, but that isn't the way it is.

So when you say "it doesn't look good" what are you speculating? Is SDSU all of a sudden gonna say lets shut her down. The AD is having some marital issues and we can't move forward on DI?

So when you say "it doesn't look good" what are you speculating? Is SDSU all of a sudden gonna say lets shut her down. The AD is having some marital issues and we can't move forward on DI?
    It doesn't look good for him as an individual. Having a change at the top right now would set things back a good 3 months at minimum.

I may have to side with D on this one. All he said was that he won't help SDSU's cause in their movement to DI sports. I think we all can agree that this is true.

The direction to move DI is an institution decision and not an AD one soley. Where you come up with your 3 month delay assesment I don't know. Pure speculation.

The direction to move DI is an institution decision and not an AD one soley. Where you come up with your 3 month delay assesment I don't know. Pure speculation.
    The AD runs the athletic department, is one of the top dogs as far as fund raising drives, is the leazon (sp?) to the institutions conference (or getting into one), does countless other things that only he/she knows how/what to do at that respective institution. An AD gets canned, a nationwide search would take a minimum of 3 weeks otherwise takes the risk of selling itself short. New AD is hired, learns the ropes at the institution, is "trained in" of the schools practices, gets to know other AD's that should be known, has to do the dog and pony shows with alumni, and the list goes on. Having to hire an AD who will have to be outside of the institution (such as sould have to be the case at SDSU because of the unchartered and special situation it is currently in), I have no problem saying that it would set SDSU back a minimum of 3 months in regards to its goals, objectives, administrative duties in regards to going DI.