Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valparaiso Crusaders

JBB Guest

Default Valparaiso Crusaders

Valparaiso Crusaders.

Our first game is against Valparaiso, Defending Champions of the Patriot League. *

The Crusaders *avgd 33 pts per game. *David Macchi, their QB last season averaged 330 yds/game and threw 38 TDs. *He would have easily been the top QB in the NCC with an efficiency rating of 160. *He would have led Brian Nelson from SDSU, lhe NCC leader, in every category.

The good news here is Macchi doesnt appear on the 2004 roster. *The QBs that do are completely untested. *If they cant get their QB producing early it could be tough.

His top receiver was Rob Giancola. *He caught 54 passes. *Only Kevin Knutson caught more with 74. *Otherwise Giancola dominated the stats with 133 yds/game and about half of his catches for TDs! *Both of these receivers will be back as seniors in 2004. *

There were a lot of receivers in the NCC that had more receptions than either of them, but nobody even came close to Giancolas stats. *These guys are very dangerous.

By the looks of things the BISON could hold them to almost nothing on the ground, but they could get their game through the air. *That would mean 3-5 TDs passing. *

If they can get their QB on track, chances are NDSU will have to score 7 times to win this game.

Bisonfan1234 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Valparaiso Crusaders

With that in mind, I'll predict a 14-0 victory for NDSU.

JBB Guest

How about 6-0 with Valpo driving late?

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pioneer League, not Patriot League. Pretty big difference. There will be a lot of points put up, with most of them being by NDSU. I think we'll have around 40 by halftime.

The crusaders will be so busy checking out the packed Fargodome, they will quickly find themselves in a hole.

533 In a row

JBB Guest

Sorry about misquoting the league name.

Bison7925 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior
    The crusaders will be so busy checking out the packed Fargodome, they will quickly find themselves in a hole.
    And checking out the DI atmosphere ;D

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is this game going to be like the Tusculum game, all these great recievers and a good QB that the Bison D shut down? I feel with the WR pool and Stauss, the Bison could potentially get into a shooting match with the Crusaders and still win the game. However I see a game plan of run-pass conflict by the Bison!

A human fart can be louder THAN A TUBA, I discovered that at my daughters school concert.

Don't expect much out of Valpo. I think NDSU will roll by about 40 or so. Will run all over them, they are not good. A buddy coaches out around there and said they are pretty bad. Not enough guys cause of that whole non-scholarship thing. It will be a good tuneup but other than that don't expect a shootout or some great game--it will be an ass-kicking, similar to Concordia St Paul. They lost to Wisconsin Eau-Claire (see D3 football) at home a couple years ago 31-9! : Not that that is the great indicator but it kind of tells a bit of the story.

Bisonfan1234 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What offensive formation do they run?