Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Possible (but longshot) route...

Default Re: Possible (but longshot) route...

JBB are goal for TEAMMAKERS THIS YEAR IS 1.5MILLION. We raisedalmost 1.4 million last year. We need more members starting out at 100.oo hope we can continue to build the membership base to 2000 members. We are 1500 members now.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

broke_back_mnt Guest

The blog, MC Hammer, was obviously a little optimistic, just like my look ahead might be. The rest of my figures were taken from an article in Three Decades of Excellence not Team Maker records. The growth trend is clear and the FFD cant be expanded. I think the money will be there when the need arises. Its anybody's guess.

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE JBB. Do you think we will ever outgrow the FFD?
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

NanoBison Guest

I personally think we will eventually outgrow the FFD. I love the building, but if it is ever in the budget or we have an incredibly gracious alumni donate the money, I would like to see us in a dome that seats about 25,000 to 35,000 people. Maybe even with a retractable roof, for all of those out there who really love outdoor football games.

I would imagine a facility of this size would be in the $90-$150 million range. I think it could be done, but it would take at least a decade and ALOT of support from all entities involved that would benefit. From the support that the FFD got initially, from what I've read, we can't expect the City of Fargo or the citizens to bankroll this through sales taxes again...

broke_back_mnt Guest

I think its going to be sold out within five yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoBison
    I would imagine a facility of this size would be in the $90-$150 million range.
    I'm guessing that the cost of the Fargodome as we see it today would easily exceed $100 million.

533 In a row

http://www.stadium.ucf.edu/

Construction of the $51 million, 45,000-seat stadium is scheduled to begin in the spring and be completed in time for the start of the 2007 football season.
    $50 million for 45k seats.

That doesn't sound too bad.

An outdoor stadium would be a big mistake. You could cut by 1/3 the present attendance if we were playing outdoors currently. Therefore all the projections would change. You hardcore fans maybe have fond memories of outdoor Bison football, but you are dreaming if you think the majority of fans want this!

kchats Guest

I agree as I get older I see the benefits of being comfortable while I enjoy a football game. I think the first step when the Dome begins to sell out consistently is to televise the games and as the money rolls in from televising the games and selling out consistently start a drive for a new stadium. We aren't televised enough yet and I think that will be the next logical step as the attendance grows.

Quote Originally Posted by bisongold
    An outdoor stadium would be a big mistake. *You could cut by 1/3 the present attendance if we were playing outdoors currently. *Therefore all the projections would change. *You hardcore fans maybe have fond memories of outdoor Bison football, but you are dreaming if you think the majority of fans want this!
    You're probably right.

However...

Wisconsin, Green Bay, Minnesota, and probably the Vikings are all going to have/get outdoor stadiums.