Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Babich

Default Re: Babich

JBB,

I thought Mount Union was DIII's premier program. ???
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

JBB Guest

Not in central MN. But, perhaps I should have said one of DIII's premier programs? 8)

North Dakota State University head coach Bob Babich has joined the St. Louis Rams coaching staff .... Babich will be a defensive assistant/linebackers coach... Bye, Bye Bobby.... The search for a successor begins.... To be announced soon....

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article|31847

Guest Guest

there's a 3:30 press conference today announcing the future of Babich

Guest Guest

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we can get on wtih the move to D1AA. My hope is that we can keep as almost all the verbals and then move forward. This is great news. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest Guest

Okay, let's here some names of possible replacements. Are there any current NCC coaches who would be considered and would consider a move (for money, facilities, or a shot at D1AA)? When the Tulsa job was open, names like Hedberg, Heinitz, Mussman (UND assistant) were mentioned among my NCC connections. Obviously there is sentiment for hiring within (Bradley). Be wary Bison fans: When you hire a current assistant who is the players choice it never works out.

OK, so when are you folks announcing the triumphant return of Rocky Hagar?

If I were a betting man, I'd say Casey Bradley is the favorite in this race. However, who knows what Taylor, with his connections out east, may have in store.

I've heard some Bison fans speculate on UND coach (and UND alumnus) Dale Lennon. A former Sioux RB running the Bison, and wearing a National Championship ring from his days coaching UND? Isn't that blasphemy?

Speculating on coaching changes keeps the boredom of off season away. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by NCCFAN
    Be wary Bison fans: *When you hire a current assistant who is the players choice it never works out.
    Erhardt, Morton, Solmonson, Hager. All guys promoted to head coach from assistant. I'd say that they worked out - seven national championships and a combined winning percentage of over .820.

Sicatoka, Wash and Bradley have two or three rings each so unless Lennon wants to look like an idiot, he wouldn't do much bragging about his one.

Wow another shoe has dropped, and now the selection process will be next. I think NDSU can still do a full selection process and still be able to select a head coach by spring ball. *You got Feb, March and some of April before spring ball starts. Lets see what happens. Hedberg and Lennon do sound interesting as candidates. *How good was Babich's staff? I think that too is a fair question. We know Bradley was tops and should be retained as a carryover at least and if he gets the job, I am sure he would still make some changes as he no doubt after last season knows where the weak links are in the coaching staff.

Gene Taylor stated today that there have been two applications, not including Bradley, and about two dozen candidates on his list for the head coach spot. At the press conference, Taylor stated that he would consult Carr(?) for advice on selection criteria. He hopes to have a new coach by the end of February.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved