Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Babich

BisonMav Guest

Default Re: Babich

Not sure if the Bison would even consider a High School coach. Chris Simdorn had done a great job at Roseville Area High School in the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonMav
    Not sure if the Bison would even consider a High School coach. *Chris Simdorn had done a great job at Roseville Area High School in the Twin Cities. * *
    I wouldn't think that Chris was a candidate for head coach, but if Bradley gets the job, Simdorn might be brought on to his staff.

Craig

I know this will no set well with some Bison fans, especially those who are big fans of Casey Bradley.

I think the mention by Taylor of D1 experience may make others more attractive than Bradley. *

Mark Mauer having spent *a few years at New Mexico State now has great experience in rebuilding a D1A program. The New *Mexico State program was in shambles a few years back when Samuels was hired from the Nebraska staff. He built a staff that, included a couple from UNO staff, Jeff Jamrog and Jerry Gdowski from SDSU. I dont know if Mauer came exactly at that time or later. *The bottom line is New Mexico has recently had a winning seasons and went to a bowl this year I believe. a first in maybe 40 years, so that makes Mauer very attractive from my perspective. Jamrog was hired back at UNL.

The other person Craig Bohl was forced out at Nebraska and I dont think he was such a horrible coach, its just that the Big Red Machine is starved for having a less than winning program. Bohl to me was a sacrificial lamb. Some of the others fired with Bohl such as Darlington are about my age and should have retired anyway.

One thing about Bohl, he understands what its like to live in Fargo, the Teammakers and high expectations. The high expections at NDSU might be easier to deal with after being sliced and diced by Husker fans.

I think both these two have something to offer for the future program at NDSU.

I agree that Mauer may well be the strongest candidate. I hope that Taylor gives him a very good look. The New Mexico State experience would serve him well at NDSU given what has happened to the program the last few years.

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Holy thread bump batman! The good old days of Bisonville where a head coach leaving is covered in 34 posts.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Some serious OG posters in this thread, with some interesting reading. Excellent bump!

Quote Originally Posted by GradBison View Post
    Holy thread bump batman! The good old days of Bisonville where a head coach leaving is covered in 34 posts.
    It was because of Babich that there were only 34 posts.

Just saw ol Bob shaking hands after Bills/Pats..Pat's...

BILLS LB coach !!! dude has had a career...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Just saw ol Bob shaking hands after Bills/Pats..Pat's...

BILLS LB coach !!! dude has had a career...
    Bobby coaches safeties for the Bills too.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck