Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craig Bohl Is the Right Choice

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Craig Bohl Is the Right Choice

I remember a comment made by Craig Bohl last night on an interview on WDAY, something to the effect of the ball bouncing the wrong way etc. describing the Nebraska defense. Thats what I recall last year with the Bison defense. I was very happy with the defensive side of the ball, take away a couple "I got burned plays" the ball bouncing the wrong way, and the fact that the defense spent most of the game on the field, we would have had a much better record. I think Craig Bohl and Casey Bradley will be a "right fit" as Bohl describes it. The Bison cannot afford to lose Casey Bradley. Casey Bradley is a class act and a very good "D" coordinator.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Some interesting things from The Forum:

Bohl said he will not serve as a coordinator on either side of the ball. He will get involved in special teams, however.
    That's a good sign.

Bohl said his offensive philosophy is to be multi-dimensional.

“It’s going to be exciting,” he said
    I like excitement.

New North Dakota State head football coach Craig Bohl said he will give the current Bison assistants first crack at a job.

Bohl said he will interview each one before going outside to assemble his staff.

“It’s not going to be a token, how-are-you thing,” Bohl said. “It will be a long, lengthy visit with each one of these guys.”

That includes defensive coordinator Casey Bradley, who was a finalist for the head job along with Bohl. Bradley said that he will talk with Bohl today.

“And we’ll go from there,” Bradley said.

Bohl, who was fired as the University of Nebraska defensive coordinator in December, said he empathizes with the NDSU assistants’ situation.

“There needs to be a match of chemistry with the coaches and the team,” Bohl said.
    The timetable to naming his staff, Bohl said, was as soon as possible. He said spring football could be moved back if the process takes longer.

Some should stay, some should go.

“When we sat down yesterday, it was very difficult to look Casey in the eye,” Taylor said. “I got home last night and said I just made a decision that affected the lives of people. Casey will be a head coach someday, maybe here.”
    Hmmmmmm, interesting.

Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

JBB Guest

Gene Taylor has a tough job and made a tough decision. Im sure "Gus" felt he was ready. Neither Bohl or Gus has had a head coaching job. His DI experience and the fact that he is new blood with new contacts must have been the reasons. I support Taylors decision. He knows the most about the situation.

JBB,

I agree. Gene Taylor had a tough descion. Should he go with the fan support or go on his own. Most fans, I think, wanted either Gus or Rocky. But I agree totally with the Bohl hiring. Bohl seems to have a fire under him and will get the team ready to play every week. I think a guy that has something to prove was the right choose. He wants to prove he is a winner since he was let go from Nebraska.

BisonMav Guest

There has been talk that Terry Allen withdrew because he was not going to get the job. Also the I-AA Champion Western Kentucky coach resigned. Could Allen be headed there?

Does anyone know if Bohl receives his Nebraska money if he is hired by another team prior to June 30, 2004?

CNNSI:
    The university will honor all terms of the fired coaches' contracts, which remain in effect until June 30, 2004, according to a statement from the athletic department. Under those terms, the university will be forced to pay the coaches a combined $525,356, with Bohl getting $207,600...

Digging up an old old thread now that Coach Bohl's tenure is ending. I'm pretty sure all of us back then would've been ecstatic with the hire had we known what was to come. The Bisonville sentiment seemed pretty positive even at the time (who would've thunk it ). Let's hope Taylor can have his pick of two coaches as good as Bohl and Bradley again. He can't make the wrong choice in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I think that the assistants have to share some of the blame for the Babich years. They need to take a good hard look at what is going on with the assistants. That said, there probably should be some that are kept. Remember the assistants (probably Bradley) played a huge role in this incredible recruiting year.

Holy cow!........what a visionary!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Holy cow!........what a visionary!!.....
    The REAL vision is GT saying Gus would be a HC someday. Who knew it'd be in the NFL...this fast lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    The REAL vision is GT saying Gus would be a HC someday. Who knew it'd be in the NFL...this fast lol
    Yeah that was pretty amazing!
    Ho! A cheer for Green and Yellow!