Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bison Files

Default Re: The Bison Files

I am so impressed with the incredible hard work and dedication shown by Gene Taylor. Taylor is a top notch guy that is very good for NDSU. The information in these Forum articles really highlights this.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing (i.e. that Taylor has been working like a dog). Apparently he's a patient guy too.

I wish they'd do a similar story on UND to see if their public stance on DII is as final as they say, and what, if any, communications they've had with Big Sky teams.

Hell....UND has probably had contact with the BSC trying to screw us....

Quote Originally Posted by BisonInTexas

What strikes me most when I read these articles is that we have a good man in the AD spot. *He truly kept an open mind in the interview process and chose the best man for the job, regardless of any personal connections he had to the applicant (as evidenced by him rejecting former Navy coaches that he had long relationships with). *

Craig

I would agree very much with the assessment of Taylor. I believe Gene Taylor has a great deal of respect down at Brookings. I do know at the SDSU-NDSU game last fall, he met and spoke before the game with SDSU leadership council. So SDSU would be at a disadvantage without Taylor's assistance.

The immediate rejection of the Navy candidates tells you were his loyality is in relation to NDSU.

Obviously Taylor is very hard working guy and I am grateful the Brookings Hospital was able to provide the assistance that this poor man needed when he dyhydrated.

What I find interesting in the Bison Files and the prospect list of coaching candidates are the names Turner Gill and Ron Brown from UNL . Although their interest was unknown, they apparently had a remote interest in the NDSU job. These are two biggies on UNL staff. That by itself might suggest that Solich has just this year to straighten out his program at UNL.
    Some more candidates may be available next year at this time.

JBB Guest

I noticed some of the big names too. For a D2 program moving up I thought NDSU drew a lot of flattering attention.

Today's exciting episode: Bison Files
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Thread Dredge Sunday!

I was wondering what our awesome coach's salary was his first year at NDSU, and figured it might help out the online diploma mill to the north head coach-for-life to see if he's being paid adequately.

Kind of neat to see what the thoughts of Gene and Craig were a decade ago as well.

And I thought what I quoted in post #2 of this thread was pretty neat:

Craig Bohl says that it's his job to bring a national championship to NDSU- (Every coach should aspire to do this, but it's small things like this that seemed to be missing from Babich. I have been very impressed with Bohl so far. Bohl always seems to have a look of focus and intensity in pictures. Babich looked like a deer staring in headlights.)

Might as well toss this in here as well, seeing as how there isn't a separate thread yet:

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id...roup/homepage/

FARGO, ND – With two consecutive national championships and another win against a big-time bowl team, fans may wonder how long Craig Bohl, the football coach with the most wins in North Dakota State University history, will be at the reins.

That was also one of the top concerns for NDSU officials working behind the scenes late last year on Bohl’s eight-year contract extension, based on emails obtained by The Forum through an open records request.

President Dean Bresciani, Athletics Director Gene Taylor and the school’s top attorney discussed terms to safeguard the school if Bohl leaves for a bigger football program, the emails show.

There’s a one-year window banning Bohl from trying to bring potential NDSU recruits to his new team, though Bresciani sought a two-year ban. Part of Bohl’s new contract requires him to pay the school $100,000 if he takes another NCAA head coaching job.

If he heads to a big-time, bowl-eligible team, Bohl would owe the school twice his current salary – at least $413,000.

Those payouts were one of the final sticking points in negotiations before NDSU announced the coach’s extension on Jan. 1.