Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamar Gordon Update

Default Lamar Gordon Update

There was a feature on Lamar Gordon on the WDAY ten o'clock news tonight - LINK. He supposedly has put on 10 lbs. in the offseason and is now at 223 lbs. Kurt Warner had some good things to say about him, as did Marshall Faulk.

Note- tonight's newscast isn't up yet, because of the prime time golf show. It should be up later tonight or tomorrow (Tuesday).
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Default Re: Lamar Gordon Update

Jared Peck is down in the Saints training camp - they're pretty deep on the offensive line though.

BisonMav Guest

Gordon was training with Mike Sheppard and Marques Johnson. Below is from the 7/24 Forum.

Two years ago at this time, Gordon was getting ready for his senior season at NDSU. A Harlon Hill candidate the previous year, he looked physically imposing at his college playing weight of about 213 pounds.

On Wednesday, he had the look of a linebacker walking from his white SUV to a throng of television cameras waiting for him.

It is time to get started, he said, in answering a question. I knew camp was coming; you can not run from it. It is time to go to work.

Gordon is listed at 228 pounds on the Rams pre-season roster. That is too much, he said, joking that it is probably listed there for intimidation reasons.

I am 222 right now and by tomorrow I will be much less, he said.

Gordon has matured. Physically with his frame and mentally with his ease of dealing with the media. He lives in his hometown of Milwaukee in the off-season.

This summer, he trained with former Bison defensive back Mike Rhone and two current NDSU players: safety Mike Sheppard and wide receiver Marques Johnson. All are from the Milwaukee area.

We worked out pretty hard, he said.

The results led to a scale test between Gordon and Sheppard: who weighed more? Gordon was surprised by the results. Sheppard weighed 200.

He looks much bigger, Gordon said. He has bigger arms but I am 20 pounds more. I do not see it.

Where is Lamar these days?

Milwaukee. Marques Johnson ex NDSU player mentioned him on his Facebook the other day

Lamar was a beast on the field
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Milwaukee. Marques Johnson ex NDSU player mentioned him on his Facebook the other day

Lamar was a beast on the field
    IIRC Johnson won the 100m dash in the conference, but on the football field he only averaged like 7 yards a catch. Nice work coaches.

I had whatever they called the 2nd intro accounting class with Gordon. He came the 1st day, the 3rd day and I never saw him again. Maybe he dropped it?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    IIRC Johnson won the 100m dash in the conference, but on the football field he only averaged like 7 yards a catch. Nice work coaches.

I had whatever they called the 2nd intro accounting class with Gordon. He came the 1st day, the 3rd day and I never saw him again. Maybe he dropped it?
    Intermediate Accounting was 2nd class when I was there..

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I took kabuki theater with Lamar Gordon and a bunch of other football players. That team might have lost some football games but could out party anybody I seen it with my own eyes.

Lardsin must go!

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Intermediate Accounting was 2nd class when I was there..
    It was Elements of Accounting II. Just looked at my transcript.

Man Lamar was a beast back in the day, really fun to watch.