Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alumni satellite game meetings

Default Re: Alumni satellite game meetings

Does anybody know if there's anyplace in Duluth carrying the game?

JBB Guest

Oh yea, you have to pay. Prceeds go to the nazi gambling empire. for the first game they claimed the first 300 visitors were free, as a try out of course. What a joke. Nobody was free. How do I know? 300 people wouldnt watch and I tuned in at least an hour before game time.

I believe the UND Alumni site has a bar lined up in Duluth. I don't remember the name but you can find it at www.undalumni.org. You'll just have to put up with a larger contigent of Sue fans.

I believe the UND Alumni site has a bar lined up in Duluth. I don't remember the name but you can find it at www.undalumni.org. You'll just have to put up with a larger contigent of Sue fans.
    Thanks, yea, I found it. It's at a bar called Goodsports in Superior, Wis.

Guess that's where I'll be spending my Saturday afternoon. If there are any other Bison fans in Duluth this weekend, come on over. Don't let me and my wife be the only ones there!! :'(

Even though the channel 8 guy probably did the play-by-play, It really sucked not having sound on the satellite feeds at the alumni sites. I didn't think it would be as hard to keep track of the down and distance as it was.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead
    Even though the channel 8 guy probably did the play-by-play, It really sucked not having sound on the satellite feeds at the alumni sites. *I didn't think it would be as hard to keep track of the down and distance as it was.
    It would have been just as difficult. Pat Sweeney did a horrid job on the play-by play. He rarely mentioned what down it, where the ball was, or how much for a first down. I would have much rather had Ed Schultz doing the play-by-play. : The WDAZ camera crew was pretty bad also.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

JBB Guest

WDAY didnt do a very good job, I agree. Even with sound you never knew where the ball was. They would flash down and distance a lot of times right before the snap. I guess I cant complain too much about the camera work, but the BISON TD disputed late in the game didnt have a conclusive replay to say it was in or out. I am dubious about the OT TD catch. That didnt look like a TD to me. But the anouncers didnt talk about that one much either.

Here in the Dallas area, we would have killed for live video. For what seems to be the umpteenth year in a row, we couldn't get the feed down here. The bar we were at resorted to... get this... having thirty or so people huddle around an internet feed (yes, a webcam) of the game! It must have been the Sioux internet feed that you have to pay for. I said screw it, finished my burger and my beer and went home and listened to the second half on the internet. I spoke to the NDSU Alumni coordinator (who works his ass off trying to get someone that can get the game in the Metroplex) and he stated he was going to complain to the Alumni association that they need to upgrade the satellite feed. Evidently very few bars here in Dallas have the equipment to receive analog C-band satellite games. The ones that do have very little luck in getting the game. Last year (at a different bar) they couldn't get the game in, despite getting it with no problems the previous two years. One year, we lost the feed at halftime and missed the whole second half. I have about given up attending these anymore. I would rather sit at home and listen on the internet than go to a bar and watch a guy fiddling with television equipment for an hour.

I take it everywhere else in the country gets the game no problem?

Craig

JBB,

It was WDAZ camera crew and their own Pat Sweeney doing the pay-by-play. If WDAY had their camera crew there, the camera work would have been markedly better. The Montana TV station had pretty bad camera work for the NDSU/Montana game as well. It's pretty bad when they miss a reception or get faked out on play action. Pat Sweeney was the worst play-by-play guy I have heard doing the Bison/Sioux game. It's much better with Scott Miller or Steve Halstrom from WDAY.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved