Thread: Nichols State game....

Default Nichols State game....

Apparently NDSU had a good showing of fans at the game today, with about 1000 fans showing up to cheer on the team. *Sounds like Nichols State had about 6000 or so fans....definitely not a top 20 in attendance figures for DIAA...

Default Re: Nichols State game....

I read the official attendence at 5400+ in the box score. Being one of those in the stadium on saturday, I would guarantee there were less than 3000 hot sweaty bodies in the stands.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Tuk
    Apparently NDSU had a good showing of fans at the game today, with about 1000 fans showing up to cheer on the team. *Sounds like Nichols State had about 6000 or so fans....definitely not a top 20 in attendance figures for DIAA...
    ...I don't think there were 1000 Bison fans....it seems like 300 or so (which is still very good for being so far away) - I was there with my finacee talking to Tony Stauss's mom. Did you all know his sister plays tennis for Georgia Tech?

Speaking of Tony, how did he look in the game? The stats didnt say much, but listening to it on the radio, it didnt seem like they had any faith in the passing game at all. I can remember numerous third and shorts that were stuffed on running plays. Arent we to the point yet where we can throw more on third down to get the conversion. I know Burrell's TD was on a 3rd down (i think), but other than that i cant remember any. Also, it seemed like Travis White was pretty quiet, anyone at the game have any insite?

insane_ponderer Guest

i am guessing from what i saw of the stats that we basically had the ability to run all over them, so thats what we did....i guess if i was coaching and i had 2 very capable running backs that were dominating, i wouldnt throw the ball that much either??

just a thought

Being in the stands, it seemed as if the running game was really clicking. At the time, it seemed like the correct call. It was really sticky (humid) weather. We did throw on some key downs (AJ Cooper's catch to the Nicholl's St. 5 yd line)

One thing I really noticed, was we do this naked bootleg, where we hand off to the RB and Stauss runs out to the opposite side. No one was respecting that. That play isn't doing was it was intended to do, because no one is respecting it. I don't know if I've ever seen Stauss keep it and run.