Thread: NDSU retirements

Hybrid View

Default Re: NDSU retirements

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    And pharmacy practice is down 40-50% in students over the last five years or so…
    I did not know this. They got a new wing put on their building about a decade ago?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I did not know this. They got a new wing put on their building about a decade ago?
    The tower was built about 5 years ago. Its a mess right now. BTW, the tower was largely privately funded by pharmacists. Yet, NDSU does not seem to understand the importance of that major to the school..... Its a long story, but if you want the scoop, come see me at tailgating.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    The tower was built about 5 years ago. Its a mess right now. BTW, the tower was largely privately funded by pharmacists. Yet, NDSU does not seem to understand the importance of that major to the school..... Its a long story, but if you want the scoop, come see me at tailgating.
    I don't think pharmacy has this administration in its pocket they way it seemed to have the previous administration, but it's hard to have that kind of influence when your numbers have dropped by more than half. And pharmacy is an extremely expensive program, even with its differential tuition. Under a budget model where programs are expected to pay their way, that's two strikes. Yes, the industry and the pharmacy board have contributed a ton, but they're not the only player like they once were. Challeys have donated a huge amount to COB, and are now funding a new music building--for a program that has barely 100 majors. The playing field is a little more crowded than it used to be.