Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Green --> Transfer Portal

Default Re: Eli Green --> Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Theoretically the college isn't involved with NIL money. There is at a minimum conversations between the coaches and NIL funders (collective in our case) to identify the players the Bison want to target or retain. And the message may be delivered by the coach (probably not allowed). But the financial relationship does not include the school. I can still envision a college baseball model. Some will go the minor league professional route and some will go the college route. Interest and attendance will be much smaller, but some will still follow it. The championship will probably do OK, but if the best talent is the minor leagues, there could be less interest.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Im wondering if sooner or latter The team that poaches players if they will have to give compensation to the school they took the kid from. Just like they do in the pros.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Im wondering if sooner or latter The team that poaches players if they will have to give compensation to the school they took the kid from. Just like they do in the pros.
    This needs to happen.

Regarding the collective.....We should all be members! You don't have to be a heavy hitter, just start with a $10/mo membership to get you feet wet and you will quickly realize that you haven't missed that $10
    This is the only way that we as fans can combat the exodus of our talent through the portal. I HATE the portal & NIL as much as anyone, but at least for now it is what we are stuck with. So we all need to decide if we want to complain or act!

https://thegreenandthegold.com/donate
    Last edited by NI4NI; 04-30-2024 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Why is it you run victory laps slamming the collective whenever a player leaves and don't say a thing about guys like Wisniewski and Zabel turning down 6 figure offers to stay??? Do you think the collective had nothing to do with that?
    Because he’s a sad person that every time he feels upset he needs to make someone else feel bad to regain his happiness?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Mrs. Hammerhead and I both donate the minimum $10/month and have been thinking about adding more. The opportunity to get an up-close look at the practice on 04/20 was really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    This needs to happen.

Regarding the collective.....We should all be members! You don't have to be a heavy hitter, just start with a $10/mo membership to get you feet wet and you will quickly realize that you haven't missed that $10
    This is the only way that we as fans can combat the exodus of our talent through the portal. I HATE the portal & NIL as much as anyone, but at least for now it is what we are stuck with. So we all need to decide if we want to complain or act!

https://thegreenandthegold.com/donate
    It's OK to not be OK.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The money would go back to whoever provided it (i.e. collective). The schools aren't involved in the money itself when it comes to NIL. Again, they provide input on who it should go to. I wonder if it's happened yet where an NIL booster wanted to offer money to athlete X but the school wasn't interested. It's very possible that has already happened, and I'm sure it will become more common as we move forward. Imagine if someone like Chapo ran the collective. He would be offering money to Twin City athletes NDSU wasn't recruiting for some reason. That could get ugly.

Just allow one lifetime transfer and the problem pretty much solves itself.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    4 years 4 transfers... wild wild west.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I could get on board with this...there has to be some sort of control, as we're seeing kids who literally are transferring every year. Allowing only one transfer would certainly have athletes looking long and hard as to whether or not they would want to leave their current situation. Obviously, there would have to be a few caveats to the rule (Head Coaching change at the new school, etc.), but would still hopefully slow down the yearly mass exodus of athletes...many of whom never find a new landing spot.

One free transfer then one free grad transfer. Unfortunately, the courts ruled against the NCAA on limiting transfers.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The money would go back to whoever provided it (i.e. collective). The schools aren't involved in the money itself when it comes to NIL. Again, they provide input on who it should go to. I wonder if it's happened yet where an NIL booster wanted to offer money to athlete X but the school wasn't interested. It's very possible that has already happened, and I'm sure it will become more common as we move forward. Imagine if someone like Chapo ran the collective. He would be offering money to Twin City athletes NDSU wasn't recruiting for some reason. That could get ugly.
    I don’t believe anything is stopping someone for paying an athlete directly for the “NIL”. Stoke the check for an appearance or “camp” and all is good.