Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Green --> Transfer Portal

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Eli Green --> Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I’m not talking about NIL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Scholarships aren’t guaranteed so not sure why an athlete would have to pay them back. The contract for this would have to go both ways and I’m not sure that is in the best interest of a school.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Scholarships aren’t guaranteed so not sure why an athlete would have to pay them back. The contract for this would have to go both ways and I’m not sure that is in the best interest of a school.
    Being guaranteed makes no difference. Its still a cost. A school has a ton of money tied up in the development of an athlete. If he is poached there should be compensation. They are dong that with coaches. If they did this schools would be much more careful in who they would want to acquire.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    This needs to happen.

Regarding the collective.....We should all be members! You don't have to be a heavy hitter, just start with a $10/mo membership to get you feet wet and you will quickly realize that you haven't missed that $10
    This is the only way that we as fans can combat the exodus of our talent through the portal. I HATE the portal & NIL as much as anyone, but at least for now it is what we are stuck with. So we all need to decide if we want to complain or act!

https://thegreenandthegold.com/donate
    Then you probably need a union.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Being guaranteed makes no difference. Its still a cost. A school has a ton of money tied up in the development of an athlete. If he is poached there should be compensation. They are dong that with coaches. If they did this schools would be much more careful in who they would want to acquire.
    Coaches sign contracts…..yes they can be broken but they are guaranteed. You want to sign a 5 year scholarship guarantee with a 18 year old. They dont perform, you can’t get out of it. Small schools couldnt afford that.

Coaches sign contracts…..yes they can be broken but they are guaranteed. You want to sign a 5 year scholarship guarantee with a 18 year old. They dont perform, you can’t get out of it. Small schools couldnt afford that.
    What Im saying is the guarantee makes no difference. Its still a cost that includes more than education. I dont see what your trying to get at???Plus there are many universities that honor their offers even if the student doesnt perform as intended.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

What Im saying is the guarantee makes no difference. Its still a cost that includes more than education. I dont see what your trying to get at???Plus there are many universities that honor their offers even if the student doesnt perform as intended.
    What I am getting at is schools couldn’t afford your proposal. In order for a buyout to be required on one side, a 5 year guarantee would be required on the other. Regardless of what schools do, scholarships still are year to year. I don’t think a coach would want to have them guaranteed when you only get 63. Miss on a class or two and the financial hit via lost attendance would sink non P5 schools.

The whole discussion was around NIL and schools have nothing to do with directing those funds.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

The government should pay the school back that looses a transfer eh. Reimbursement eh. Rock the vote eh.

Lardsin must go!

What I am getting at is schools couldn’t afford your proposal. In order for a buyout to be required on one side, a 5 year guarantee would be required on the other. Regardless of what schools do, scholarships still are year to year. I don’t think a coach would want to have them guaranteed when you only get 63. Miss on a class or two and the financial hit via lost attendance would sink non P5 schools.

The whole discussion was around NIL and schools have nothing to do with directing those funds.
    I dont get why a 5 year buy out would be required. Every school basically knows what it has invested in a student athlete. Another school wants your kid. OK its going to cost you X. For the athlete transferring he knows the risks. Plus that school can write their own contract with the kid for coming.

It doesn't seem like the athletes are tweeting out that they are leaving the program like they used to.

I never saw a post from Andrew Morgan (MBB), Elle Evans (WBB), etc.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

But they do provide scholarship, room board, books, travel, coaching, Full cost of attendance. Huge investment that should be recouped.
    They earned that in the season they played. They fulfilled their commitment. If they were prepaid scholarships for the following season I could see paying that back. But that's not how this works.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk