Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Green --> Transfer Portal

Default Re: Eli Green --> Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Mojo Weerts as well.
    Never heard of him bro.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Libtards, Woke, DEI.

There we have all gotten the full SDbison experience from this thread. I'm not concerned about WR next year at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He didnt get paid. Payments occur after the portal closes
    Are you sure about that? No winter/early spring payments?

Talked to a Bison football player this past weekend and he said there are more transfer portal entrants that haven't been made public yet...ugg!

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Talked to a Bison football player this past weekend and he said there are more transfer portal entrants that haven't been made public yet...ugg!
    Someone unban lakes and let’s find out.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Eli has entered the transfer portal. Bit of Texas A&M chatter. The Cade Osterman offer makes more sense now from today.

Attachment 10527
    . It was a matter of when... not if. I was surprised that he waited this long. Such an impact player.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

College athletics is just gross with this transfer portal....... not great news heading into the Colorado game....

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Since we just got started with the collective may be its best to clean house and find out who really want to be here. Im sure the structured non negotiable pay structure isnt liked by some. If looking for a bigger payday is your motivation then this isnt the place for you. Then GTFO
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So what are the rules for getting paid? Does every college decide how they're going to handle it? I would think all you guys that decided to donate would have wanted to know this before you signed up for the collective.
    Theoretically the college isn't involved with NIL money. There is at a minimum conversations between the coaches and NIL funders (collective in our case) to identify the players the Bison want to target or retain. And the message may be delivered by the coach (probably not allowed). But the financial relationship does not include the school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Guys, I know this sucks. Believe me, every time I hear one of these it's a bummer.

Here is how I've decided to look at this. I don't believe the current model of college athletics is sustainable. I don't know how it will change or when and where it will settle out. It is what it is. I have to believe that when the dust settles, we'll land in the right place where we can be successful. That was never going to be going up against Alabama and Ohio State.

In the interim, I can be angry about it or I can just shrug my shoulders and wait for a better day that I believe is coming. What I decided I'm not going to do is get angry about it and spout about it online (which I probably would have done a year or two ago) because that won't help anything.

It has impacted my engagement for sure. If you would have told me 4-5 years ago that I would skip an FBS game, I would have said you were crazy. Now, instead of going to Colorado, I'll be at the beach I can still watch on TV and make a fun weekend out of it without investing so much time and money.

Everyone has their own way of dealing with things. For me, I just have to care a little less, at least for now. I'm still a huge Bison fb fan with season tickets and supporting the cause, I'm just not going to lose sleep over it.
    I can still envision a college baseball model. Some will go the minor league professional route and some will go the college route. Interest and attendance will be much smaller, but some will still follow it. The championship will probably do OK, but if the best talent is the minor leagues, there could be less interest.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So what are the rules for getting paid? Does every college decide how they're going to handle it? I would think all you guys that decided to donate would have wanted to know this before you signed up for the collective.
    The reason you dont know is because you havent taken the time to find out. You would just rather bitch.

Its been posted before. But just for you-----Every school-collective is independent. At NDSU there is no negotiations on who gets money and who doesnt. Its based on performance. You play W amount of snaps you get Y. You play x amounts of snaps you get Z. Think spread sheet. We dont offer kids money to come to NDSU. They know this up front. If they are looking for a big check just to come here then they arent the type of player we are looking for.

Call Bartley if you need anything else.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."