Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Green --> Transfer Portal

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Eli Green --> Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Taxpayers should 'not' be building palaces for college or professionals to play in. When a great professor gets about 150K and a coach gets 10 million a year... things have really gone to hell. High schools and colleges are supposedly educational institutions. We're way past that. I say club sports and let them fend for themselves. Without the 'image' of a great university to promote what they do... it would be interesting to see how well they do. I'm with you runtheoption.
    How many head football coaches are there at that university? How many professors? How much revenue is that football program bringing into the athletic department? How much indirect revenue does the football program bring into the university? How many of us would know about Duke or Villanova or Gonzaga if not for college athletics? How much revenue is brought into the school due to specific professors?

Head coaches of college sports programs are paid in relation to the revenue their sports bring in. That's why the head coach at Alabama makes a lot more than the head coach at Tulane who makes a lot more than the head coach at NDSU who makes more than the head coach at Winona State and so forth.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The student athlete as given a scholarship to be a member of the team for that academic school year (or possibly semester depending on when they transfer). Their role may vary in a given season, but they played the role they were given. If they decide to transfer for any reason, I don't understand why the school should be compensated for the season the student athlete met their obligation. There is no way that is logical. Whether that payment comes from the new school or the athlete is irrelevant. What if the student transfers to a lower level or doesn't end up anywhere? The impact to the departing school is no different in terms of that athlete, but nobody would expect the school to be compensated for the loss.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Obligation has nothing to do with it. We are talking about the schools investment in the athlete that will not be realized.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Obligation has nothing to do with it. We are talking about the schools investment in the athlete that will not be realized.
    With current scholarships year to year the schools investment and player obligation is realized.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    With current scholarships year to year the schools investment and player obligation is realized.
    We are going to have to disagree.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 05-01-2024 at 11:42 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Why are going to have to disagree.
    What about players that don’t pan out and they “help find a better fit”? Reimburse them in your scenario?

what's the vig?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Taxpayers should 'not' be building palaces for college or professionals to play in. When a great professor gets about 150K and a coach gets 10 million a year... things have really gone to hell. High schools and colleges are supposedly educational institutions. We're way past that. I say club sports and let them fend for themselves. Without the 'image' of a great university to promote what they do... it would be interesting to see how well they do. I'm with you runtheoption.
    I dont have an issue with multi purpose stadiums if teams share the cost and it hosts other events. But football only I tend to agree

But every NFL team (but 1) plays in a taxpayer funded stadium and the league wouldn't exist without them.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Tell me when a scholarship has been offered to a HS athlete who went on to redshirt a year, play a couple more years and then the scholarship not offered for Jr/Sr year?
    When a college offers a HS athlete a 'full ride' it is implied for the entirety of said eligibility. Is it not?

Point taken though. Perhaps when offering a scholarship a binding contract aught to be attached?
    John Crockett was a grey shirt. Pay your way year #1 to get academics in order and then he earned a full ride.

Players lose scholarships but it's rare. It's often linked to off field behavior or bad grades

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Tell me when a scholarship has been offered to a HS athlete who went on to redshirt a year, play a couple more years and then the scholarship not offered for Jr/Sr year?
    When a college offers a HS athlete a 'full ride' it is implied for the entirety of said eligibility. Is it not?

Point taken though. Perhaps when offering a scholarship a binding contract aught to be attached?
    Actually happened to a starting receiver at Iowa may be 10 years ago. Kid was a cancer with bad attitude. Bye.

When recruited they say the scholly is good for 4-5 years but its renewed every year------------unless you become academically ineligible or for conduct unbecoming. Of course those stipulations can be enforced or not depending on the athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I dont have an issue with multi purpose stadiums if teams share the cost and it hosts other events. But football only I tend to agree

But every NFL team (but 1) plays in a taxpayer funded stadium and the league wouldn't exist without them.
    How did you get to stadiums from what he wrote
    And wtf do nfl stadiums have to do with nil money
    TRUST THE PROCESS