Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FCS Championship Monday Night?

Default Re: FCS Championship Monday Night?

Monday night game without other football competition should increase the TV eyeballs significantly.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Monday night game without other football competition should increase the TV eyeballs significantly.
    I don't think it will change it that much. They are only so many who will watch it. It could see a slight bump, but being on ESPN, I don't see it getting to 3 or 4 million. Still like the move though.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I don't think it will change it that much. They are only so many who will watch it. It could see a slight bump, but being on ESPN, I don't see it getting to 3 or 4 million. Still like the move though.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Even 2 to 3 million viewers would double the viewership of past years. Last year's game drew 1.04 million viewers which was down 3% from the previous year when NDSU played the bunnies.
    Last edited by southcliffbison; 04-16-2024 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Even 2 to 3 million viewers would double the viewership of past years. Last year's game drew 1.04 million viewers which was down 3% from the previous year when NDSU played the bunnies.
    The last two years were played on Sunday against the NFL. That took away a lot of viewers that might have watched more of the FCS game, but your NFL team is a higher priority for many people. Monday by itself will be better than Sunday.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don’t care. South Dakota St vs Mt/Mt St anyways.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Don’t care. South Dakota St vs Mt/Mt St anyways.
    Give me NDSU vs SDSU

Increase In Playoff Seeds Gets Key Approval
    The push to seed more teams within the 24-team FCS playoff bracket got a key approval this week.

The NCAA Board of Directors Finance Committee gave its support to seed 16 teams in the bracket, which would remain at 24 total teams. (In my reporting of this long process, some folks online have read this push as increasing the number of teams in the bracket. That’s not happening. The push is to increase the number of seeds from eight to 16.)

The Board of Governors is the next and final approval needed to push this across the finish line. They meet this Thursday.
    https://herosports.com/fcs-more-play...colorado-bzbz/

Probably better than before in some ways. Although the pessimistic side of me thinks they’ll just fix the seeds to be regional like they already do for 1-8 lol. Especially since things will start getting real muddy for them at 9-16.

Just have the computers do it, it’ll be close enough and much better than it is currently
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

And at the end of the day, there's still only 3 or 4 programs with a realistic shot at winning the title.

Can't wait for schools like West Georgia, Mercyhurst, and Texas Rio Grande Valley to join the FCS playoff field starting in 2028.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Sam Herder
    @SamHerderFCS
    ·22h

ICYMI -- Yesterday the NCAA Board of Governors gave the final stamp of approval to increase seeded teams in the 24-team FCS playoff bracket from 8 to 16