Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Green and Gold Collective Practice. Tomorrow 4/13

Default Re: Green and Gold Collective Practice. Tomorrow 4/13

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Can you add a section on the Green and Gold Collective website that is for members only that includes pictures, videos, etc. from the events us out of staters can't make it to? Go Bison!
    Some of this is on Facebook under the green and gold collective.

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Any fear of players leaving in the next portal window?
    Go Bison!
    They talked about this. Jay’s response was there’s always a concern!
    Coach P also addressed this, and I certainly don’t have it memorized (maybe Jay or others can chime in) but it was something to the effect that today’s youth-young adults are raised in a society that focuses on “What’s in it for me?”
    He’s working hard to instill into the TEAM that there’s no better place to play football than North Dakota State University! The culture, the fan base, the facilities, The Green & Gold Collective, he went on and on! He’s pretty passionate about this topic!

Didn't want to bump the transfer thread in the football forum and cause any cardiac issues so will just put this here: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...leave-texas-am

Texas A&M has one of the biggest NIL pools in the country (Nick Saban was critical of Jimbo Fisher "buying recruiting classes" at A&M), plays in the most prestigious conference in the country, and has overall support on par with pretty much anyone in the country and has now had 19 scholarship football players enter the transfer portal since last November. They also navigated a head coaching change but I think it underscores how using NIL as a recruiting incentive is just going to add more instability to your program because if players chase the money to your program they're just as likely to leave to chase it elsewhere.

Glad to hear that Polasek and the G&G Collective are working together to make NIL at NDSU more of a merit based retention focus. I also think this underscores how important it is to have leaders in the locker room. We've been very fortunate to have such little transfer activity so far this offseason at NDSU football *knockonwood* and I think that says a lot about the seniors and leaders in that locker room.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It seems the above post puts this into perspective. Most football programs are impacted and few are immune to the ravages* of NIL/transfer portal.

*my word and my opinion

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Didn't want to bump the transfer thread in the football forum and cause any cardiac issues so will just put this here: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...leave-texas-am

Texas A&M has one of the biggest NIL pools in the country (Nick Saban was critical of Jimbo Fisher "buying recruiting classes" at A&M), plays in the most prestigious conference in the country, and has overall support on par with pretty much anyone in the country and has now had 19 scholarship football players enter the transfer portal since last November. They also navigated a head coaching change but I think it underscores how using NIL as a recruiting incentive is just going to add more instability to your program because if players chase the money to your program they're just as likely to leave to chase it elsewhere.

Glad to hear that Polasek and the G&G Collective are working together to make NIL at NDSU more of a merit based retention focus. I also think this underscores how important it is to have leaders in the locker room. We've been very fortunate to have such little transfer activity so far this offseason at NDSU football *knockonwood* and I think that says a lot about the seniors and leaders in that locker room.
    Texas A&M is dollar for dollar the worst athletic department in the NCAA
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Uptick in physicality. It has been heard that their is an emphasis on TACKLE Football.
    I’m almost embarrassed how excited I was to read this haha
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS