Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Spring Showcase @ Fargodome 4/20

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Football Spring Showcase @ Fargodome 4/20

Bison conclude spring slate with annual Green and Gold Showcase

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...-gold-showcase

"The (young) safeties, kind of like the O-line, they got better," Polasek said. "There's some coachable, teachable moments out there that we can coach out there. I

really like (linebacker) Nathaniel Staehling and I really like (linebacker) Austin Altepeter. I think academically and as an individual, he's growing right in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    The problem is there is a portion of the fanbase that believes Polacek is a meat head as well and it’s driven by players that played for him while here. Winning trumped all and developing young men was an after thought for him.
    I sat with a LB and his wife at the Friday Pride night that said TP was coaching when he played and the players loved him. He was hurt most of his time playing and now is an architect in Fargo.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Does staring at your phone the whole time you're at an event count as engagement?
    Probably texting Lakes to get his FBS pitch down
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Everyone has to let bygones be bygones. It is a new page in Bison FB history. Tim P. is a new person, too, with a great attitude. Don't hang on to bitterness.

do we still have a wide receiver coach as our Oline coach?

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    do we still have a wide receiver coach as our Oline coach?
    If you consider Larson to be a WR coach since he coached them for 1 year in 2005 at Wisconsin-Stout you're right. Of course since then he's had 8 years of OC experience at the D2 and D3 level and 3 years of HC experience at the D3 level.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If you consider Larson to be a WR coach since he coached them for 1 year in 2005 at Wisconsin-Stout you're right. Of course since then he's had 8 years of OC experience at the D2 and D3 level and 3 years of HC experience at the D3 level.
    Also, he was Cody Mauch's coach for 3 of his 4 yrs on the OL and 2 outta 4 of Cordell Volson's yrs. Musta done something right.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    The problem is there is a portion of the fanbase that believes Polacek is a meat head as well and it’s driven by players that played for him while here. Winning trumped all and developing young men was an after thought for him.
    I know a few very prominent players that played under him. They both say he wil be great here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Also, he was Cody Mauch's coach for 3 of his 4 yrs on the OL and 2 outta 4 of Cordell Volson's yrs. Musta done something right.
    Larson picked up O Line coaching skills fast. I was skeptical at first but he proved me wrong developing some big time players

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Of course not every coach is going to be 100% liked by their former players. I believe he was the right hire. He has recruited well for us in the past and I think it will get turned around. Recruiting took a step back here last few years.