Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Football Spring Showcase @ Fargodome 4/20

Default Re: Football Spring Showcase @ Fargodome 4/20

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I know a few very prominent players that played under him. They both say he wil be great here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, Babich was hand-picked by Morton who (Babich) coached under, and we know how that turned out. I’ll remain a bit skeptical.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Larson picked up O Line coaching skills fast. I was skeptical at first but he proved me wrong developing some big time players
    I feel our Oline play as a whole has declined significantly over the last couple or more years.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Of course not every coach is going to be 100% liked by their former players. I believe he was the right hire. He has recruited well for us in the past and I think it will get turned around. Recruiting took a step back here last few years.
    TP deserves some credit for re-recruiting our guys after last season. IMO, he did a great job keeping this team together.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I totally agree, just not as dominant, power run game suffering

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    I totally agree, just not as dominant, power run game suffering
    Have to agree. I thought last years pass blocking was great. Run blocking, not so much.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I feel our Oline play as a whole has declined significantly over the last couple or more years.
    Another thing that has changed, thinking of the Jackrabbits in particular here, is they have deepened their recruiting on the defensive line so they can run 8 deep or more against the Bison. Add in their IPF plus investment in Strength and Conditioning - they are an example of a team the Bison don’t wear down like they used to.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Another thing that has changed, thinking of the Jackrabbits in particular here, is they have deepened their recruiting on the defensive line so they can run 8 deep or more against the Bison. Add in their IPF plus investment in Strength and Conditioning - they are an example of a team the Bison don’t wear down like they used to.
    SDSU head coach, Jimmy Rogers, recently said they are very aggressive in recruiting and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Yep—was thinking same. They have caught up to us on all levels. Now it’s a grind it out game. We need more physical Oline play, better run scheme, and some attitude on Oline. Fundamentally, I feel like we need to emphasize leverage and pad level in the run game.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    SDSU head coach, Jimmy Rogers, recently said they are very aggressive in recruiting and it shows.
    So - what is stopping NDSU from being "very aggressive in recruiting?" Just do it aggressively.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    That's what he is best at, zero personality to fans, he has the "im better than you" feel.

Do I dare say the "East Coast Asshole" moniker?
    He can stare at his phone all day for all I care. My biggest issue with him is that we have fallen behind SDSU in just about every sport. USD is gaining ground as well. If not for a couple recent mediocre basketball hires, USD would be about even. Add in UST and the future doesn't look bright. Anybody track the all sports trophy?

ETA: USD has won six out of the last 7 Dr Helen Smiley Summit Women's all Sports award, SDSU has won 8 out of the last 10 Dr William Steinbrecher Summit mens all sports award.
    Last edited by AKBison; 04-23-2024 at 04:46 PM.