Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Elle in the portal

Default Re: Elle in the portal

I'd think she'll be highly coveted, being 6'3" and top five in 3point percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Congress is the last thing we need involved with NIL
    I beg to differ on this one thing; the congress is the only thing that can stop this run-away freight train. It's the bigs with a lot of cash versus the smalls with little or no cash........anti-trust suit anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I beg to differ on this one thing; the congress is the only thing that can stop this run-away freight train. It's the bigs with a lot of cash versus the smalls with little or no cash........anti-trust suit anyone???
    Wasn't Congress behind Title 9?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Wasn't Congress behind Title 9?
    Not sure that argument is helping your case?

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    From solely a fiscal standpoint, there should not be any programs (athletic or otherwise) that consume funds that should be going towards educational value of the students. How does lacrosse (or whatever you choose to pick on) benefit anyone once they enter the job market?
    Tell that to the schools who pay professors mediocre wages yet spend tens of millions annually on making their campuses look like country clubs. Higher education has become a joke because administrators funnel public dollars to things the public couldn’t care less about.

Build more luxury dorms to attract more rich students so you can siphon off all their parents’ money. Meanwhile the students are unhappy, professors are jaded towards admin and the public wants to reduce spending to education. And here we all sit around pretending like there’s no answer to fixing higher education costs.

Edit - a very large part of my love for NDSU is the fact that they haven’t got caught up in that arms race and you can still get an outstanding education there affordably. I had a small scholarship but was able to have all debt paid off within one year of graduation. Moving to Texas and working with engineers that came out of UT, A&M, OU, etc., I got a better education for a third the price. Most are still paying on loans 5 years later.
    Last edited by NDSU92; 04-12-2024 at 10:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    In this case, the person is doing a thing that is losing money to begin with. Without the support of middle managers and financial infusions from the collective, the thing couldn't exist.
    Could the middle managers exist without the players? Why does one get paid and the other doesn’t? Tough argument to say you have hundreds of thousands of dollars for the program, but when it comes to the people actually putting the ball in the hoop, aww shucks we’re out of money.

Also, there are intangible benefits to WBB. Marketing for new students, alumni and donor engagement, community presence, etc. that don’t show up on the bottom line. Schools know this and happily reap the benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Anybody know anything about schools that are in the running for Elle? Have not heard anything since she declared nearly three weeks ago...

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Tell that to the schools who pay professors mediocre wages yet spend tens of millions annually on making their campuses look like country clubs. Higher education has become a joke because administrators funnel public dollars to things the public couldn’t care less about.

Build more luxury dorms to attract more rich students so you can siphon off all their parents’ money. Meanwhile the students are unhappy, professors are jaded towards admin and the public wants to reduce spending to education. And here we all sit around pretending like there’s no answer to fixing higher education costs.

Edit - a very large part of my love for NDSU is the fact that they haven’t got caught up in that arms race and you can still get an outstanding education there affordably. I had a small scholarship but was able to have all debt paid off within one year of graduation. Moving to Texas and working with engineers that came out of UT, A&M, OU, etc., I got a better education for a third the price. Most are still paying on loans 5 years later.
    You should contact the NDSU recruiting dept and tell your story. Your story could be on a recruiting brochure for Engineering or really the whole University. I am serious. We need to blow our horn better.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Anybody know anything about schools that are in the running for Elle? Have not heard anything since she declared nearly three weeks ago...
    Not a peep, haven't seen anything anywhere at all. Could always hold out hope she comes back but assuming she's making the rounds on visits and just keeping it quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Take it with a huge block of salt, but saw someone over on Gopher Report last week who thought she might end up back at NDSU……